Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Wrapping up the summer!


Visiting the Elk refuge in Jackson Hole, only vast open spaces...no elk to be refuged yet! But when hunting season comes...


Pikes Place, Seattle WA. Ethan's second nap while walking around!


The girls at work threw me a wet n' wild 25th birthday party. Only a few brave souls dared to get wet with the slip'n slide. I, of course, was forced to kick off the sliding, since I was the birthday girl. That did NOT make sense to me, I should be the last person to go, since it was my birthday! But anyway, I did it. I must admit, this was a lot easier when I was a child, for the next week, I was extremely sore, muscles I never knew I had but needed to walk, or sit or laugh were in pain! I did force it out of everyone else at work that, they too felt as if they were dying... one lady even had to pop a few pain pills. Hee hee! Not me, I suffered through it! But it was definitely worth it!

The girls that had the guts to do it! Notice those whom are not wearing swim suits, they may have been forced/thrown in the water.

At the finish line of the Teton Dam Marathon. 8 months after having a baby, I say 9.5 minute average miles was pretty good! Next year I plan to shave a few minutes off ! I do have to admit that I didn't start training until 2 weeks to the race! (hee hee)


Inspiration Point with Natalie and Brandon, a few weeks after they got married!



Natalie and Brandon Forever...awww how cute! Brandon is absolutely perfect for Natalie, he treats her like a princess. They will be happy forever. Good job Nat!



Ethan, trying to steal the attention away from the bride and groom. Also, without a morning or afternoon nap, refusing to smile for any pictures!

In the jumper with grandpa!

Camping at the Teton Dam with Tab and her girls!


Collecting fire wood, since someone told her that a fire would keep all the animals away. She decided she was going to collect enough wood to have a fire burning all night...just in case bears were around.
The view from our campsite!

Fly fishing early in the AM!

Ethan and Mommy at the campfire! Ethan loved the fire, he couldn't stop looking at it. He slept very well during the night, and was happy to wake up and eat pancakes in the morning. He is such a resilient child, willing to do whatever we put him up too!



At the Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle WA. A short trip visiting the family! Ethan loved all the animals, pointing to them and smiling.

With Grandpa and Grandma during the lunch break.
Ryan found a deep connection with ...
Feeding the birds. Ethan tried to squeeze any bird that got close. Good thing they didn't get too close!
Just too cute~






1 comment:

Juliana said...

WOW Monica!!!! I am so proud of you running and these photos are great. I can't help but feel regret for the time and opportunities we have missed as friends!!! I am very proud. And little Ethan is soooo cute!! I loved his little tux. I have to come visit you so we can hike, fish, run, slip and slide, and all that great stuff. I am glad things are going wonderfully.