Tuesday, November 23, 2010

winter and I don't get along...

Today was our first winter day in Moscow. It started out nice with Brad staying home a little later than usual due to thanksgiving break, but he still has to study for finals, so we took him to school since there was already a ton of snow on the ground. The ride home happened without incident.

When I went to drop some lunch off for Brad, I pulled out of my driveway, put the car in drive and slid ALMOST INTO MY HOUSE! I braked as hard as I could and only stopped short a foot or so from slamming into my house. I was also sideways on the road blocking anyone coming up or down. I tried to correct the car but I kept spinning and sliding. So I did what anyone would do. CRY. Then I called Brad, and cried some more, trying to blubber out what happened and that I was pretty much sitting on a sheet of ice. I freaked him out so bad that he started walking home, and tried to talk me through correcting the car. I finally was able to get the car back into the driveway, and then I stayed there until Brad got home. My knight in shining! He drove the car with us back to the school to get his stuff, and he even had problems with the car sliding everywhere.

We are getting new tires tomorrow. I still have the image of smashing into the corner of my house, and also the embarrassment of crying while sitting in the middle of the road so no one could pass, stuck in my head. Love winter, oh and love how much new tires cost...

5 comments:

Tara said...

Oh how sad! I will never forget the day you got stuck in your driveway in Rexburg, preggers and the two of us trying to get you out!! I miss you!

Tara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melody said...

And that is the reason I am such a freakin' timid driver. Just one time of going along, braking...not stopping...brake!brake!brake!...still not stopping...sliding through the intersection...BRAKE!...*crunch*

Good tires are as worthy an investment as a carseat in my opinion. And with this storm coming, believe me I am STAYING PUT! :)

Miss you!

Randi and Adam said...

That is so crazy! We just did the new tire thing, kinda makes you queasy...but it's been oh-so-worth it.

Raising Helm said...

Yuck! Oh winter-It reminds me of Rexburg winters and our steep driveway that we had to get a running start before we could make it up the hill. Many times sliding our way home. But I am sure Moscow is different. I am sorry you had to go through that mess!