Monday, October 25, 2010

just a rainy day



It's getting colder here. Raining a lot more than we are used to being from Rexburg. But I love it, reminds me of my Edmond's home. The boys couldn't be happier with the weather except that I don't let them play out in it more!

It was pouring today, I put boots on both the kids and took Ethan to preschool. He managed to stomp in every puddle on the way from the car to the door of preschool. The teachers were looking at me like I was crazy to drop off a child with soaking pants. I warned him that his pants were going to get wet, he said "it's okay, they will dry" and continued to stomp his little heart out. Gavin was following close behind doing exactly what big brother was doing. I guess I couldn't expect anything less or more from two little BOYS.

Let them be boys and have fun, boy they were gigging and giggling hard!! I know the other mothers who were running inside clutching their children were thinking bad thoughts about me by the looks they were giving me, but I am sure their child would love to be doing what my kids were! I did have a few Dad's give me apologetic smiles as they stomped in the puddles as they passed by my kids sending them into excited squeals begging for me to join them.

Rain doesn't bother me, rather makes me feel fresh and ready for what the storm has to bring. I'm so glad my kids like it too!

3 comments:

Amber said...

Ah, don't sweat it. EVERY day I picked Logan up from preschool this summer, he was soaking wet. Every. Day.

He had a blast, I had a wonderful break, and in the end, we were both happy. And that's all I care about.

Melody said...

Those are such cute pictures. I miss those boys, and I miss you! And I think splashing in puddles is extremely healthy, because Ethan's right- their pants will dry and the opportunity to make fun memories was appropriately seized. :)

Raising Helm said...

Way to embrace the moment! I think way too many times we run out of the storm instead of enjoying the fun puddles that it can leave us. That is awesome- You inspire me! Kids need to have those opportunities. Bravo!