
Ethan giving me his " say cheese" smile
I have felt a little guilty this year about Christmas, and the lack of Christmas spirit that I have. ALL of our Christmas stuff is in storage, and not accessible, well if we wanted to unpack the storage unit in 15 degree weather to find it, then it would be. So it is not. I finally shook off the scrooge and asked a co-worker if she had an extra fake tree, she did and it even had lights. So a week before Christmas we have a fake tree, with multicolored lights (and if you know me, that is soooo not me) and homemade decorations. Merry Christmas kids. To tell you the truth the kids like it, I took their trains and put strings on them to hang on the tree. Tree + trains = joy for the kids.
We were driving and Ethan wanted a "Christmas song, not a song about Jesus" when away in a manger was playing. Yes, I did hit an all time low as a mother at that point. We discussed Christmas, Christs birth and hopefully it sticks. I am sure he's a little confused why there is so much talk about Santa on Christs birth? Great question. Good thing is I haven't had any time to make the house super holiday crazy, in fact our tree is the only evidence there is a holiday with the exception of holiday cards people have been sending, which I ADORE! I hang them on our front door, I see all your smiling faces everyday and think of you often. I feel bad, but I am grateful that I have a mother who's house looks like it should be out of a Better Homes and Gardens Christmas catalog in which Ethan can experience decorating for the holidays at grandmas house. It seems that I only have so much time between working and the kids that decorating, digging out storage stuff and spending money on decorations seem to be at the back of my mind as I live this law student wife life :).
I am SO excited to have one semester down, only 5 more to go. Brad is STILL liking law school, and has made some great lifelong friends. I am so proud of how hard he works. I can't believe what is expected from him for school, he has never complained. Would you believe he has told me he "has been enjoying studying" and even said he "liked" studying for finals. It also could have been the fact that the kids were at my parents house during those 9 days. I drove back and forth between shifts, so he had an empty house to study and focus and no responsibilities to worry about except to get good grades. We find out how he did next semester (rude huh).
I have been working a lot lately, I have 5 more shifts until I get a break for Christmas. I am scheduled to work Christmas eve and Christmas, then we leave to my parents on the 26th. We will celebrate Christmas the 27 with my entire family sans Jordan and Carly who are expecting a baby. Spending time with my family will be the most anticipated and cherished time for me. I am also looking forward to having some time to celebrate Christs birth and reflect on all the blessings that we have received because of Him.
I am fully looking forward to a busy and fun 2011, if I can keep my eyes open to witness it.
2 comments:
I don't blame you not wanting to dig through a storage unit. Good job on being inventive and finding that christmas sspirit. I am sure the boys had a great holiday. Hope you had fun with the fam!
I hadn't looked at your blog in FOREVER! How exciting! Law school, new place, new job. Hope you're doing well and I think of you often. How bout an invite to your private blog girl. GarianneHeward@gmail.com
Post a Comment