
classic picture of US- Gavin with his thumb and blanket, Ethan with teddy who wished he died and went to heaven 4 years ago and me.
Brad asks why I haven’t updated the blog. He also informed me that is how he finds out what is going on with our family. You don’t even know how true AND ironic that is.
We are still alive. I think. The kids have kept me super busy and on my toes. Right now they dislike and annoy each other daily. I think this is just a phase (please go by fast) and hopefully they will grow out of it. Ethan bosses little man around, and little man gets back by punching, hitting, pulling hair and my personal favorite pinching his brother until he big brother screams. Little man has also mastered the skill of… if brother even makes a slight movement toward me, SCREAM! As you can imagine, a lot of screaming and whining goes on in my house. I even found myself saying to Ethan, “Ethan, instead of whining to me that Gavin pinched you, tell him not to pinch you” and then Brad informed me that earlier we told Ethan not to punish Gavin but instead come to us and TELL us when he did something and we will deal with it. NO win either way. I can hear them whining and screaming in my dreams, seriously.
But then there is nap time and bedtime when things are quiet my heart melts and I love and adore these two rug rats more than I can express. Even when Gavins sleeping face is colored with markers that he did himself, or Ethan's sleeping face sports new bangs that he cut himself which make his hair a little bit mullet and a little bit girly. He informed me his curls were in his eyes and that is why he locked himself in his closet and chopped his curls.
Brad isn't missing in action that often since he still managed to teach Ethan a lesson that he hasn't forgotten, in fact he taught it to me just the other day. I put Ethan in the corner for hitting his brother, Ethan wanted me to apologize and when I told him I wouldn't apologize for putting him in the corner he informed me through sobs, "You listen to the devil mama, the devil tells you not to say sorry" I died, seriously, died right there. I can't decide which is worse, that Ethan said that to me, or that Brad taught him. We still get a good laugh from it.
I start today, a new schedule at work that was in place before I started working. This means I had no say whether I could/wanted to do this schedule but since I needed a job I HAD to do this. I will start with- I am not at all excited about it and end with- I am grateful for a job. I will be doing 3 on, one off, and 2 on. Basically, 5- 12hr night shifts in a row. Lucky me.
I do enjoy having friends here in town. Especially my friend Stephanie who moved up from Rexburg a couple months after us. She has been a life saver and a great shoulder to lean on. I am also making some fun friends at church and work.
The sun actually came out today, so that makes me happy. The boys played basketball outside until their noses were bright red and I couldn't feel my hands. Hopefully we see more sun and winter goes away!
Brad is doing great in school. He has made some really good friends and seems to be getting good grades. Go Brad. We are now trying to figure out what he will be doing for the summer, either and internship here or somewhere else, who knows!
5 comments:
Ouch! Can u and Steph switch off babysitting?
5 in a row, i die at about 3 in a row.. esp. the lack of sleep. but you can do it. maybe shift will pop up.
That's a crappy schedule. I keep telling myself to look toward the light at the end of the tunnel with all this, but that leaves me crabby and tired and stumbling around in the stupid tunnel while my kids wonder what's going on. *sigh* That's when we go to McDonald's.
Love you, chica. You should look at this, it reminds me of us:
http://diapersanddivinity.com/2009/03/26/the-detours-of-motherhood/
♥!
Ah, so good to hear from you!!
What kills me is that Kevin reads what I write on our blog to see what we've been doing, too. Men.
I have been missing the sun so bad, too. When it finally shows it's face, every blind is open and I have to sit in the sunshine for awhile.
So when you do those five days...how big a break before they start all over again?
Miss ya!!
Ah, so good to hear from you!!
What kills me is that Kevin reads what I write on our blog to see what we've been doing, too. Men.
I have been missing the sun so bad, too. When it finally shows it's face, every blind is open and I have to sit in the sunshine for awhile.
So when you do those five days...how big a break before they start all over again?
Miss ya!!
Post a Comment