Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Hello 30!

I cannot believe that I am thirty years old.  I honestly feel 18, except I have a hubby and 2 kids, but 18 for sure at heart.  I was okay with everyone else growing up around me except for me and my little family.  Can we stay young forever?  Can't I be the exception to the growing old thing? 20 has been so exciting! Marriage, buying my first house, 2 kids, becoming business owners, trips to Hawaii, Brazil, Dominican Republic, Nursing School,  L&D RN, a huge move to go back to school for Brad, many wonderful friends and family and lots of great memories.

What did I do on my 30th?  Something wild and crazy...a spontaneous photo shoot of ME! Yikes.  I tell ya, I thought it was a good idea until we actually got to taking the pictures and I got really embarrassed.  What 30yr old holds on to balloons and poses for the camera... yeah, that's what all the people gawking were thinking. I had a good friend Steph take my NEW BIRTHDAY camera and act like she knew what she was doing while I pretended I knew what I was doing and we got a few cute pics.  I wanted some pictures of me at 30, so I have something to remember what I was like when I turn 60.  It was kinda fun, after I ignored the people starring. But this was one of my goals for 30...go out and DO the things I WANT to do. So, I did!

To celebrate Brad took me to Seaside Oregon with our little family. My mom came along for the ride and to help with the kids while Brad and I hit the night life.  We had a blast going to the beach all day, swimming in the "hot pools", flying kites, hiking, riding carousels, eating fish and chips and watching movies.  We drove up to Seattle and my parents took us out to a fancy Chinese restaurant, then treated to gelato ice cream and sent to the movies with my love while the parents watched the boys.  I felt very spoiled!!  Not to mention Brad got me a new camera for my birthday, I love it. I received lots of emails and phone calls from friend and family, my in-laws sent me a beautiful bouquet of flowers.  20 has been good to me.

Let's hope 30 is just as good or BETTER!

Some fond memories consist of...
  • Brad proposing.
  • Brad washing our car off in a tuxedo while I sat in my wedding dress on our way to our hotel room on our wedding night, bc we didn't have anything else to do...
  • Brad wearing my platform sandals while he let me wear his sandals in a downpour in Mexico bc my feet kept slipping in them...such love, oh and the looks from the locals were priceless.
  • Riding on mopeds and crashing mopeds in Dominican Republic.
  • Taking road trips when we had some spare time to find beauty in nature.
  • Taking road trips when we had spare time with a baby in the back seat, then 2 babies in the back seat.
  • Rocking out to Brad playing the guitar and singing to my prego belly.
  • Holding up drywall 8 months prego for Brad.
  • Picking my best friend up from her mission in Brazil.
  • Running my first relay marathon.
  • Falling asleep the the sound of 3 sleeping boys in my bed, nothing is sweeter.
  • Learning and loving to cook, then Sunday dinners with friends and family.
  • Natalie and Brandon, neighbors/best friends/family.
  • My sister in laws becoming SISTERS, love them.
  • Christmas with family in NC.
  • Traveling with Brando and Nat.
  • Being called "mama".
  • Hanging out with my family in Edmonds doing nothing except laughing.
  • 2 precious boys belonging to me.
  • Playing recreational basketball with a bunch of amazing women.
  • Law school friends and game nights.
  • So many beautiful beaches I've seen in my 20s.
  • Ethan loving music and singing for a talent show while I play bass and Brad the guitar.
  • So much love and so much to celebrate and so many more memories...I am blessed.

5 comments:

J said...

I love that you took 30 year old pictures. I want to do that. By the way I loved the friend Sunday dinners. J and I really miss hanging out with you guys.

Tahsha

amanda said...

what a great picture of you. happy birthday. glad it was a good one.

Melody said...

That picture is adorable. I miss you so much, Monica! I am glad that you brought 30 in with a kick, it's gonna be fabulous! Have your sweet boys give you hugs from me, ok? Love love love!

Raising Helm said...

Happy Birthday!!! I love that idea-pictures, get-aways, yummy food, and your list of memories. I am totally going to "try" and remember all the many good things I have done in my 20's-This year is flying by and 30 will be here. You look great and I am sure you will be even more beautiful at 60-just a few more memories:)

Debbie Thompson said...

I LOVE the photo!!! It turned out so cute! Congrats on all your great times your 20's, and here's to some good times in your 30's!!!