Monday, August 27, 2012

What's up?

SIGH...
I feel like the weight of the world was on my shoulders these past two months.   It seemed like in June life was on the downword spiral, the beginning of an avalanch. So much to do, so little time. Eeek.  June marked the end of Brad's 2 year of law school, he now as one year left! Although, I'm pretty sure he thinks he is done, we all have to suffer through one more year.  We made a grand decision to leave Moscow and have Brad do his last year at University of Washington. Mainly because we want to end up here near Seattle, the grandparents, and out of the blizzard winters.  He will have the opportunity to network as a student and get experience before he graduates and becomes a "real lawyer" when no one will want to help him. So it is a good decision.  The only thing is to make it work, we will be kickin' it with my parents in their house for a year.

I am undecided how I feel about being an adult, and I can say that because I am 30 now, and moving back in with my parents.  It doesn't feel amazing when people ask how I am doing and to see their excitement in their eyes fade when I tell them I am moving back with my parents.  Honestly, someone asked if everything was okay and if Brad was coming with me.  I respond, Brad is the reason why we are moving in with my parents.  They ask what happened.  Can no one believe that I made the decision to move in with the peeps unrelated to a tragic or terrible event in my life?  Do I need and 'excuse' as to why I'm moving back in?  Because I have none... and I kinda feel obligated to have one.

Second, moving back has been surreal.  This place I loved so much growing up, has wonderful and terrible memories associated with it. I wouldn't have expected these thoughts and memories to come so sharply to mind.  But I guess that is what happens when you actually move somewhere instead of visit. I took the boys to the beach that I spent my life at growing up.  I swelled with joy to see them loving the water, the sand and the sounds of the beach as much as I did.  They were doing the same things I did when I was young.  It was as if I was re-living my past through my children.  A stop in time.  A quiet moment to ponder of the magic that stands in front of me...my two little boys.  I wanted to stay there forever, in that moment, that reminded me of how small we really are in this vast world.  Yet, God loves and knows each one of us and our needs.

God has been good to me.  He has gently led me through life without any harsh hiccups or tragic road blocks.  I feel his presence softly guiding me to make the right choices that will ultimately bring happiness and love to my life. I am thankful.  I would have never thought I would be here.  Two years ago I remember sitting in our car overlooking Rexburg and talking about the option of law school.  I remember thinking that 3 years is impossible and crazy. But here we are, 2 years down, only months left.  That is crazy.

2 comments:

Stephanie Ewell said...

That is crazy awesome and it is your family story and how cool. It says to me " we follow our dreams and make them realities and as a team we can do anything ! " how inspirational! And, on living with the 'rents!? Means to an end people!! I say lucky! But I am kinda freakishly obsessed with my mama and so are my bebes...not weird at all;)

Melody said...

You are so fabulous. I miss you and your wonderful perspective on life and everything in it!