Monday, August 10, 2009

Silly Ethan

Ethan is growing into quite a big boy lately. I can even count on him to keep an eye on Gavin (whether or not I ask him), and be my little buddy for things around the house. He is very smart and makes me laugh when I am looking for something and he'll say, "you left in the Bathroom Mama" and what do you know, it's in the bathroom! He remembers everything, which is tricky when I try to get him to go to sleep, because when he wakes up he'll say "Time to go to the park". He'll tell you he weighs 30lbs (and it is true, my sister weighed him and he remembered ever since), he will be 3 in Oct, and he just doesn't stop talking. Here are a few of his funny comments lately...

  1. Ethan was sick and his Aunt suggested to him that I make him some soup. Ethan put his hands on his cheeks and said, "You make me some soup Mama, that would be great"!

  2. I HAD to wash teddy due to the smell, after the washer Ethan was insistent on not letting him go in the dryer. We were leaving the house and I told him I needed teddy (to throw in the dryer while we were out), he willingly gave me teddy and said, "OK, you can have Teddy, but don't put him in the dryer though, you hear me, don't put him in the dryer though". Where did he learn that word?!

  3. He will read books (pretend to read) to himself and when he is done, he'll close the book and say "amen".

  4. The other day he was being disobedient by shining the flashlight in Gavin's eyes, so I took it away. He threw the biggest tantrum, screaming and crying, "I be nice with it mama", "I need my flashlight,mama", then it turned to begging, and he even put himself in the corner to get it back. Nothing was working, then it turned into bargaining, so he looked at me and said, "Give me flashlight and I'll give you a kiss!" (he got his flashlight)
  5. The other day at the store he wanted to buy some silly 50cent toy that really was $3.00, and I didn't want to get it for him. I said, did you bring your money for that because Mommy doesn't have any money for toys today. He looked at me for a moment and said, "Yes you do, you need to buy this (pointing to what was in my cart) with money to give to the lady". I couldn't believe that he would make that connection so quick!
  6. Brad and I were driving home from church in a deep discussion about something, Ethan was talking in the back about police getting him, the police are gonna get me etc. We were so deep in our conversation that we didn't notice Ethan until he yelled "YOUR GONNA LET THE POLICE GET ME"! Turns out that we forgot to buckle the bottom buckle of his car seat and he is very serious about not letting the police see him unbuckled.
  7. This one is a bit gross but I had to laugh. Ethan was playing in the room with me and I could smell Ethan passing gas. I asked him if he had to go to the bathroom, and he stood there really still, did a little shake like he got the shivers and then said, "Nope, I hold it in". I said, WHAT? He said, "my poopy is gone, it went back into my tummy".
  8. The other day I was snoozing on the couch, after a 12 hr shift, while Ethan was next to me watching a movie. Just as I would fall into a deep sleep I would feel him kiss my cheek and whisper, "I wuv you mama". He then decided that he wanted me to watch the movie with him, so he would yell "Mama, the SUNS awake, don't go to sleep"! I jump up startled and he would say, "oh, Hi mama" and turn back to his movie. This happened repeatedly. So I told him I wasn't feeling very good and needed some rest. I fell back asleep and woke up to him "You go to the doctor now mama" holding my shoes out to me. I never really got any sleep that day.

8 comments:

Randi and Adam said...

I can't believe how cute that is!!! He is such a talker; I'm impressed how well he puts his sentences together. What a neat personality he has!!! I think you have your hand full with that cutie!

Tara said...

Too funny! I love the police story. Everytime Morgan sees a cop she says "Mom, don't worry, the cops won't get me. I got buckled." I miss you guys!

Steph said...

you'll be so glad you wrote down all the funny things Ethan is saying. i remember being excited that they were saying Mama and Dada and now they say stuff like the poop went back in my belly. You're right!! How do they come up with this?

Amber said...

Poop went back into my tummy....seriously? I am so impressed!! Haha!

Melody said...

He is quite the witty fellow! These totally made me laugh. Cute, cute Ethan.

Hannah said...

Hey. I found your blog through Jenna's. I love it! Ethan sounds so cute (although exhausting. :)

Raising Helm said...

Okay you may think I am a bit crazy but I found your blog through Hilarie Allens blog and my jaw dropped when I saw your name. It is me, Brittany Helm from Rexburg. I don't know if you remember me but I totally remember you and Brad-before you had adorable children. email me and I would love to invite you to my blog and keep in touch. steveandb@gmail.com

Melissa Durtschi said...

LOL - Those are so freakin funny... They are so smart, and its amazing what they come up with. Thanks for the laughs! ! ! !