Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Ethan's best friends


Everything is on his terms lately, even down to his shoes. You will often find him wearing one of two guitar shirts and sweat pants that his aunt got him. Yesterday, my mother sent a monster shirt for Halloween, which he has included in his garment rotation. He absolutely loves his friend Chase (pictured) and will do anything if Chase is doing it. He asked me yesterday when I was getting Ethan to eat some beans, "Mama, does Chase like beans and eat them?", I of course told him yes, so Ethan happily ate all of his beans. I feel like lately Ethan chooses to do things because he thinks Chase does...life sure has been a lot easier starting sentences like "chase eats his breakfast, eat your breakfast please." I told him that he couldn't play with Chase because Ethan was sick, Ethan replied "but Mama, Chase is my best friend, he not care I'm sick". I am sure Chase would care less that you are sick, but Chases Mommy would sure care!
You would think that Teddy would take a back seat now that Ethan is 3 and a new boy! Nope, he still adores that stinky thing! At night, Ethan tucks teddy in next to him, kisses him, hugs him and whispers "I love you teddy, you are my best friend". I also take teddy as punishment and Ethan will wail "but Teddy's my BEST FRIEND, DON'T TAKE MY BEST FRIEND"! This almost gets me to give him back, almost. Ethan uses teddy as a coy to not go to bed by hiding him. He'll say, "I need my teddy, where is teddy"?This sends everyone in the house searching for teddy. We know when Ethan seriously doesn't know where teddy is because he'll actually search with us. BUT if Ethan asks for teddy, then sits on his chair or the couch watching TV while we look we know he hid Teddy. Silly Ethan. Usual Teddy hiding spots are in the cupboards, pantry or dryer. I love little Ethan's quick mind, I know he gets it from his Daddy. Ethan and Brad together are a hoot! I would love to tape every conversation they have.

3 comments:

Fay Call said...

You know what's funny...I can get Chase to do pretty much anything if I threaten to take away his Ethan time. It is so funny how much they love to be together. Every time he woke up last weekend he would jump up and brightly say, "go see Ethan!" Those boys just make me smile. I love little Ethan and especially the fact that you know his mind is working over time in that little body, trying to think up the next sneaky thing to do!

Tara said...

Oh this post makes me so sad! Morgan hasn't found a friend like Ethan since we've moved. And now, she can't remember Ethan. I wish I still lived by you guys!

Raising Helm said...

Oh my goodness, he is such a cutie. Love the best friend thing-you just pray that the friend does good things. And as for teddy...I laughed out loud! I can only imagine what a "hoot" he is.