Thursday, October 15, 2009

Ethan's crazy party

Ethan and his Wall-E cake. Ethan helped me make that cake, he frosted the blue sky while I worked on making Wall-E and Eva. He also placed the M&M border around the cake. I was pretty impressed at his little meticulous skill, even if half the M&Ms were gone by the time he was done.
We threw a birthday party for Ethan's 3 years! We invited a few of his friends, which all turned out to be a bunch of rowdy boys! Brad had an idea that he wanted a "Crack" Candy party for kids. Pretty much he had tons of candy and sugar drinks easily accessible for the kids to reach. He even had a table dedicated for frosting cans with spoons sticking out for the kids to eat. Brad spent the entire time opening candy and drinks for the kids, oh and filling their front and back pockets with candy. This was difficult for me to watch and I know the other mothers were just dying inside but too afraid to stand up to Brad (well, except Fay and she got lots of silly string attacks and Chases pockets filled 2X as much). I was secretly glad Brad was focusing on all the other kids, rather than Ethan! I tried not to intervene because Brad was having such a time with it. We also played pin the tail on the donkey and had a pinata, and Ethan's favorite the silly string fight. Brad decided that party was a success after I reported that one little boy had diarrhea that night. He couldn't be prouder!



5 comments:

Hilarie* said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! YEAH...Wow he sure is getting big! I totally love the curls!!! I also like your photos of the boys on the side, the B&W ones.. way cute. You did them right? If so... they sure are nice!

Tara said...

Awesome cake! I can't believe he's three!

Unknown said...

Hahaha thats hilarious that sounds like my kind of party!

Raising Helm said...

Gotta love diarreah! sounds like a wild and crazy party. glad you guys had fun. Way to go on the cake and of course, props to Brad for being so outgoing. Hopefully all the kids took to the sugar high well. ha ha ha

Amber said...

it was a great party. Like I said at work, it is permanently ingrained in Logan's memory, I think, b/c he still remembers Ethan's party, and how to sing Happy Birthday...