Today I was far off on sparkling beach napping on silky sand
I was also visiting a cluttered vintage antique store for the perfect buy
I was also standing on top a mountain staring at the vast view while the wind danced a tango around me lightly twirling my hair.
I was also in a bamboo hut getting a deep tissue massage by a husky islander named Lilo, mostly enjoying the massage and sometimes cringing as she pounds out the knots saying its good for me.
I was also staring at a few duckings nibbling at the ground as I only hear their squeaks around me and maybe if I listen hard enough the rustle of the trees surrounding me.
Back to reality: Today I actually was not far off on a beach but stuck here in this below zero temps shivering, more like dancing in a mosh pit of wind mishmashing my hair in every direction. I thought about visiting an antique store but then looked at my 2 rascal children and kept on driving. The rest of the day was spent with my children jumping on my body as if I am a bounce house telling me that it doesn't hurt when they jump on me, and way too often staring at my children using their lungs to communicate instead of their voices... if only they were two little ducklings nibbling sweetly in quiet, then maybe I wouldn't dream so much, or would I?
3 comments:
That all sounds really nice. Except the jumping part, which I endured today too, interestingly enough. Good times.
I figure there's time later to accomplish all the dreams- because somewhere along the line we decided motherhood was our favorite dream and chased it. And we still chase it...down the aisles at Walmart and down the driveway so it doesn't run in to the street...
:)
Ahhh doesn't that sound lovely! I think i need to do a little more dreaming and then those crazy moments of "human bounce house" won't seem as painful. You are so funny! Keep up the good spirits and I am sure your hair looked beautiful no matter what it went through :)
I'm impressed you even have the energy to make up dreams after chasing those two around.
I try to keep outings with my two to a bare minimun still.
Post a Comment