Monday, August 16, 2010

Moscow update!

I suppose I should update this thing, my blog, it seems to be the last thing on my mind. We moved in such a rush that this really is the first time in 3 weeks that I have been able to sit down. My kids are at my parents house because I didn't find a sitter yet and I work the next 2 nights and Brad has started school. I luckily have something in the works for babysitting (and it is someone I trust) so I hope it works out. I go to pick my kids up at moms on Wednesday, I miss them already!

The move...
We packed our truck on a Thursday, no one from church showed up to help load it (I'm not bitter), so Brad, Jared and my brother in law Brandon did it all themselves. It took all day, I was so flustered from the move I couldn't get anything done except little random things around the house instead of packing UP the house. Exhausted at midnight, we ate taco bell in my empty living room with my sister, her husband, Fay and her husband, Brad and I, Ethan and Gavin. It was tough for me to sit there with my close friends knowing that we will probably never do that again.

We woke up Friday, packed up the rest of the truck, and said goodbye to my sister and Fay. Natalie had to run to get somewhere so that goodbye was quick and didn't hurt so bad until later. I gave Fay a long hug, blinked away tears and tried not to start turn into a blubbering mess. Ethan and I watched Fay walk home with Chase and I completely lost it. I walked into my empty kitchen holding Ethan who was staring at me like I was an alien, and hugged Brad. It is sad to leave something that has so much sentimental value. Moving is such an emotional ride.

We showed up in Moscow to about 15 guys waiting to unload our truck. It took 30 minutes. You know we moved from 3500sq ft to 1100sq ft...lets just say there was only tiny path to wind through the maze of boxes. We got our bed up and the boys beds up and went to bed. 3 weeks later we still have boxes yet to be unpacked, and I have no idea when I am going to get to them.

We met our hippy neighbors D'jon and Mark, Mark looks like Albert Einstein, Djon looks 20 years younger than Mark. They said we could pick their blackberries and that they aren't home often bc they have a home in the mountains. We met our neighbors below us through their pounding on the ceiling. The neighbor next to the hippies changes his oil then spreads it along the gravel road next to our house.

I worked full time days, orienting to the Labor and Deliver floor 6am-630pm, and had hospital orientation the next 2 days both weeks all day. We threw a family reunion to California in there last weekend, a wedding this weekend, and I finally get a break until work tonight and tomorrow. I miss my kids to say the least.

Work is good. I really like my co-workers. I found a Doctor that I do NOT like to work with, but what's new. He is a doctor that expects me to be a mind reader instead of a nurse. I really like my hospital, they seem to care about their employees and I already won a travel mug with Gritman across the label, go me.

Brad started school today. So its for real, after 3 years I will be married to an Attorney of Law. That part hasn't sunk in yet. Brad going back to school is definitely an experience, I was so proud dropping him off for his first day. I did resist the urge to take a picture of him looking all dapper in his business casual and notebook ready for school... He has orientation and meetings all week, official classroom work is next week. I wonder if he'll be the oldest in his class since all the kids going into the building where I dropped him off were exactly that, kids (maybe 25 the oldest).

I am ready to take a shower and nap before work, but can't do either because we don't have any hot water. Just waiting on the rental company to come fix the problem. We also have orange water! They say it's from the city doing work on their pipes. I'm scared I'm going to get cancer or turn orange and then Brad would sue, because that's what he's going to be good at!!

5 comments:

Stephanie Ewell said...

aghhhhh!!!! u guys and your crazy life!!!I was super excited to see your blog update. I admire you Moni! you are so brave:) I thought of Dave matthews "dont drink the water" song about your orange h2o issue lol...anyway- call me when life slows down and settles a bit = love u!!

Misti said...

Wow!!! That is so awesome!!!! Honestly, you guys are so awesome! Keep us updated on the journey! I am sad because I looked forward to seeing you at the fair again this year. Love ya!!!! Call me too when you get time!

Raising Helm said...

Oh my goodness! I would say a rollercoaster. Just so you know-If we still lived there, we would still be good friends AND we would have come helped you move. Glad to know you had some help on the other end. Good luck with the work environment and the sweet mug! Love that you wanted to take a pic of your hubby on his first day of school. Another good luck with the orange cold water and unique neighbors :)

Melody said...

Wow, what a crazy few weeks! I hope you're getting settled in. I know what you mean, in every way. We only have a few weeks left until we send Daddy away and in three years time I'll be able to say I'm the wife of a veteran (3 years active, 5 years reserve..then we'll see). Oh, I miss you so much. If you come to Salt Lake someday, let me know, even if it's just a layover on your way somewhere else, I could meet you at the airport with ice cream! :)

Love love love!

Anonymous said...

Wow I had no idea you guys were moving. I have not kept up with your blog for some reason. I think it got knocked off our list. That is so awesome Brad is going to Law school. I think that will suit him well. Haha. Anyway hope things are going well for you guys.