Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My 2 little blessings




Today I am grateful that we had these two kiddos so close in age. To be honest, I was very nervous about having them so close. Gavin was a blessing as I was surprised how quickly we got pregnant with him. They chose to prove me wrong, they are the best of friends and worst of enemies. Luckily the enemy part is short lived. They do everything together, Gavin keeps up with Ethan just fine. In fact, he refuses to do anything less than Ethan.




I woke up to the boys crawling into my room, then both yelling, "boooo" to wake me up. Of course they went scampering out as I yelled "booo" right back at them. Which guaranteed no more sleep for me as they repeatedly crawled back in to scare me.




My boys are one of the best things that have happened to me. They have taught me so much about love and patience, joy and quiet happiness. I love that they help me recognize the simple pleasures of life. That a day filled with nothing to do is actually a day filled with giggles, laughter, imagination and love. It is Ethan that constantly reminds me of God's blessings. A few nights ago he said while looking at the moon, "I think it is pretty cool that I can see that big moon over there" and so am I. We are given so much, the ability to see, hear and feel what goes on around us, and I am so grateful for that!




My boys love to climb on my lap before bedtime and read books. I love that they are so interested in reading and love to hear new stories. Usually one of them plays with my hair while the other hugs my arms, it's the greatest feeling in the world being loved by a child. Don't you think?

2 comments:

Melody said...

It's so hard to say no when Jana says (every single night) as I'm tucking her in, "But Mama I just wanna sleep with you!" *sigh* Being a Mommy means parts of your heart are actually OUTSIDE yourself! Amazing.

amanda said...

i love being a mom. i love when macy comes up to me and hugs my legs and gives me a squeeze! ur a great mom