Tuesday, December 06, 2011

sickness rant

I guess I've skipped Halloween, thanksgiving and just barely am making it to Christmas. I never thought life would fly by this fast, but I guess when I work every other week, it does. It seems like the time I have off I spend cramming it in with fun stuff and people, and the work days I spend sleeping and of course working.

This past week I have been very sick. It made me reflect about my life and how grateful I am to have a healthy body. I can not imagine being sick forever. Weakness, nausea, throwing up, jittery, impatient, headache, sore...the list goes on. I am extremely grateful that I have mostly made it past that. I honestly thought I was pregnant, and took 2 negative pregnancy tests. So what was the deal. I guess it's my own fault since I just got done telling a co-worker that I never get sick...haha.

What I hate most about being sick is that nothing stops while I am sick. The laundry piles up. Dishes as well. House gets dirtier and dirtier. The boys the same. Fast food for dinner, or cold cereal. I finally got sick of being sick and forced myself to run a load of dishes and do a load of laundry. All to find out that my husband had missing and mismatched socks to his demise...guess I should have waited a few days. Funny how if my husband or kids would have been sick, life would be fine. But if mom gets sick, things fall apart. Why is that? What was waiting for me after I felt better was almost dooming.

I'm super grateful for good friends who came to rescue me. A friend, Steph, took the boys for an afternoon and made us dinner. I was able to take a much needed nap. Another friend, Brittany, took the kids both ways to preschool so I didn't have to leave the house. I had lots of friends offer to do something which was amazing. Unfortunately, Brad had a final on Monday and couldn't be much help. You know, law school doesn't stop when the wife is sick.

My own mom had this brilliant idea a long time ago to sort the toys and put some away to pull out when the kids get sick of the current toys. I did exactly that, which the boys spent hours playing with those newer toys and also Walt Disney watching over them constantly in the background while I lay helpless on the couch.

But the kids survived, happily I must say. Although, Ethan managed to cut himself some bangs during my sickness stupor. He now sports a short traditional boy hair cut. It is strange to see my little boy without his locks of curls. But he pulls off short with charm, he is so cute!

Today I will be forcing myself to go to the store, get groceries and needed supplies. Make dinner and go to work. And hopefully feel better in the process. Yay, go me.

No comments: