Saturday, October 20, 2012

Birthday Boys!







The boys keep growing up even though I tell them not to. 

Gavin turned four and Ethan turned six!  I have the best boys, the best life a girl could ask for.  My boys are sweet, funny, sensitive, rowdy and so loving.  They are exactly how I imagined my kids to be.  Pretty amazing. I feel so blessed to have them in my life.  I do not know what I would do without my kids, they are my heart.  Ethan tells me he loves me to the moon and heaven and back.  I love them more.

Every year I take their birthday pictures.  These are my favorites from the ten minute photo shoot.  One thing I learned is mom cannot be the photographer because the kids sure think it's hilarious to do the exact opposite I want them to do.

We got the kids razor scooters this year, they didn't take anytime zipping around on those things.  In fact, they can ride it better than I can. 

Ethan is very smart and loving.  He likes to do creative things like make crafts, draw or write stories. He loves to watch shows like "How it's made" or fishing wars on TV with Grandpa.  He is very interested on how thinks work, including life.  He has questioned me numerous times about how I help the doctor at work get the baby out... I'm so not ready for this growing up business.  He always tries to do what is right.  He loves to read with me, if I am reading the book.  He is already an Eagle of the Month for Kindergarten, a special award chosen by the teacher for him showing respect and cooperation in the classroom.  He is growing like a weed, his new school pants are getting too small.  You can find him singing around the house or hidden in his closet that he made into a library or 'thinking' room reading or drawing. Ethan loves rice with soy sauce.

Gavin has quite the personality.  He shows everything he is thinking and feeling.  I have never met a child quite like him.  He is so much fun.  His laugh is contagious  and he sure loves to laugh.  You can make him giggle just by sticking your finger in his neck.  He loves to be active, outside and riding a bike or scooter. He asks for cookies or brownies a lot. He is learning fast and loving preschool.  He tells me all the tricks he learns from his teacher at preschool.  A few are: "we keep our hands to ourselves at preschool" and "dot, dot, not a lot" for the glue. The teacher asks the kids to put their hands on their "hippos" (hips) when she rings the bell.  Gavin wakes up before the butt crack of dawn every morning.  Too much going on in his little mind to sleep much.  With how active this child is, he loves to do puzzles and will sit quietly and put them together. He loves yogurt and fruit. 

We sure love these kiddos. LOVE them!

No comments: