Today I went to a job interview. Just to check out the grass on the other side, you know, to see if it was truly greener. I never felt so dumb in my life after this interview. I was applying for a RN clinic job, pretty straight forward. Well, I had to fill out a application that consisted of SAT questions and things that said, mark the words that are spelled incorrectly and identify the incorrect spellings. Also, multiply, divide longhand and subtract these problems (which were not simple), define these terms (some included carpal tunnel, MRI, femur others I have never heard of) then there was a task managment section where I was supposed to number the tasks I would do first in order of priority. Then after all that I took a typing test. It took me 45 min to fill out the form! I was super embarrassed. I haven't used long hand division since middle school and it took me a few tries before it came back to me. I have no idea how it went. I was so flustered by the time I was done I couldn't focus during the interview.
The job sounded amazing except that it doesn't offer insurance...so I went through all that for nothing!
I'm thinking the grass is greener on my side and don't ever want to go through that again!! I didn't feel like I was interviewing for a clinic job!
1 comment:
Um...Bravo for sticking throught the process. Once you mentioned long division, I about threw up. I think I would have walked out the door. how sad am I? Well I am glad your grass is green and smellin' fresh:) Again, good job for trying!
Post a Comment