Tuesday, May 07, 2013

It's about time!

It looks like Ethan has been working hard on his math work at school.  I love his comments on the bottom of EVERY page we get home from school!


It is about time to post that I am expecting baby #3!  We are so super excited, it has been a long road and a long time coming.  When we started law school, Brad and I wanted another baby, but then we went to school...  I had to take on a lot of responsibility by working full time nights putting Brad through school and also being a full time mom and wife.  I was stretched so thin I often wonder how we made it through.  It was difficult to say the least.  There would have been no way to add being pregnant and a brand new baby on top of it all.  So we waited, patiently, for the right time to come.  We moved in with my parents while Brad finishes law school and takes the bar (in July!!), which has been a HUGE blessing.  My parents love my boys while I work, they get spoiled by family, and so do I.

One day Gavin came to lay on me while I was on the couch.  He usually cuddles right up and fits perfectly.  I snuggled him close as he closed his eyes, his breathing got heavy and his legs and arms sprawled past me on the couch.  I about died right there.  When did my baby grow up so fast?  His chubby legs have become lean and strong. His face has thinned into a mature 4 year old and his excitement for life is expressed in his conversations with me.  Where did the thumb sucking baby go, that fit perfectly in my arms?  I now have a child who lays next to me instead of on my lap.  I have held on to my children to get me through the tough patches of life.  They bring so much joy and light, I absolutely LOVE being a mom.  To know that I would not have anymore children was like a part of my heart was stolen.  I knew it was time for another, and so did Brad.

I was so happy to find out that I was pregnant.  It has been a while, so reality came quickly with all day long morning sickness.  I can truly say I have been miserable.  HOW do we get through this and continue to have children! Haha! Luckily, my parents have allowed me to sleep through the worst of my sickness while they manage the boys.  That has been my saving grace.  I am 12 weeks, so I am hoping it will ease up soon, yikes!  Ethan absolutely loves knowing we are going to have a baby.  We told him first, but to keep it a secret until we had the ultrasound.  He was obviously too excited, and drew pictures and comments on his papers that I was pregnant!  His teacher was the first to find out, haha!  He often comes up to my belly to talk to the baby.  When I am throwing up, he pats my back and reminds me that the baby is just growing.  I sure do love my oldest boy!!  I feel SO blessed to be adding another precious child to the Puffpaffs!

8 comments:

Tara said...

Finally!!! I am so thrilled for you!!!! Hope you feel better soon...

Beth Willmore said...

Congratulations Monica - that is so exciting and I love Ethan's notes on his homework. Those boys are going to dote on the baby!! Hope you get feeling better soon, and can't wait to hear if it's a boy or a girl!

tiff snedaker said...

So SO excited for you. I completely understand the school thing. I have wanted a baby for the last few years and hubby and I both knew it wasn't going to happen while I was in school full time. It's incredibly hard when you want those newborn snuggles so badly, but worth it in the end. Hoping that the morning sickness eases up soon for you. I am just THRILLED for you!! Congrats!!!!

etreiersen said...

It was so fun to see you guys when we went camping at Cascade.

We should get together once you are done with work.

Congratulations again on baby # 3. Hope you feel better soon:)

Trisha Reiersen

Kendra said...

Congratulations Monica! I am so happy for you, children are the greatest joy. Funny that when it is time, you just feel it and know. Have you tried anything for your sickness? I just came across this product called: mamatea-and it is supposed to help with the many stages of being pregnant and being a mom. There are ones for sickness, postpartum, milk supply, etc. I haven't tried it yet but am going to for my next pregnancy. Here is the link if you are interested: www.drinkmamatea.com I also have a mother-in-law that sells doterra and she says there are specific ones that will help with pregnancy sickness....I get really sick and am preparing to try things to help it not be so bad this next time around:)

Melody said...

I wish we could just go to lunch and catch up! It cracks me up that we are pregnant at the same time again. So excited for you, and sending lots of hopes for an easier-than-usual pregnancy. :)

Raising Helm said...

I am sooo excited for you guys! sooo much to look forward to. Congrats on the baby news and I hope that the sickness eases up soon. Good luck with the bar this summer-way to stick to it and hang in there. you guys are amazing!
CONGRATS CONGRATS

Hilarie* said...

Holy cow I haven't checked blogs for over a year. Good to see your family growing!! Congrats on the pregnancy!!