My favorite picture. My three boys!!
Brad Puffpaff CUM LAUDE! I'm so impressed, he deserves it!
A feat I thought would never end, actually did! Brad graduated law school AND with honors.
I reflect back on my thoughts about this adventure and remember how scared I was to take the plunge to go. We definitely did not have it easy, and I wish I could say it was easier than I thought. But in reality, it was harder than I could have ever imagined but one of the best experiences of my life. A true blessing.
I speak only for myself when I express these thoughts as I am sure Brad thought it was difficult but I rarely saw him stressed and if he was he hid it well. He was such a rock at law school. Coming home and making sure he was home and not bringing school home with him. He made sure the boys felt loved while I was at work often having movie nights, wrestling wars and even taught the kids to ride their bike during his little free time. Why I am so impressed that Brad did so well in school is because I felt he had it harder than others he was competing with at school. I worked 5 nights in a row, which meant Brad had to come home from school and watch the kids, even during finals weeks. This cut into his study time, while others could stay at the school as long as they wanted. For Brad to juggle home, church and his school he worked very hard to make sure there was a balance and it paid off. I'm quite proud, can you tell! I have a pretty amazing husband.
I started the adventure of law school lonely and scared. I had no friends, no family and often felt alone and tired. I had been placed in a schedule at work that was the only thing available. Working 12 hour nights, it was 3 on 1 off and 2 more on. Basically 5 shifts in a row. I was a walking zombie. I hated it. But I found a way to manage. I was often reminded to cherish my children. I can hardly remember this, but Gavin was still in diapers and taking 2 naps during the day. He wasn't talking well, and Ethan was a little cherub talking my ear off. We would go for walks even though I just wanted to sleep on the couch, and I hold those moments so precious. My boys got me through those sleep deprived hopeless states. I became friends with the women at work, an amazing, kind and loving group of women. Each had a story to tell that made me want to be better. I felt welcomed and loved while I was there. They were a light that I am so grateful for. I miss them dearly. Brad and I eventually moved apartments, which meant we joined the student ward at our church. What can I say about this. My heart is full. I met so many amazing girls, a lot were law school wives experiencing the same thing I was. The spirit was so strong at church. These faithful women kept me buoyed to my priorities which were God and Family and the rest would fall into place. Which it did. I felt comforted and loved by my Heavenly Father. I was tested a lot but always strengthened from them. I became friends with the most amazing families, that I am sure to stay friends with until we die. I cannot talk about this charmed life, being a law students wife with other amazing women without my heart skipping a beat, or wanting to burst. Helping each other, lifting them when they are down. Having dinner together, joining friends as if we were family. Our family away from family. I become down right teary eyed when thinking about that opportunity I had to be placed there and to meet these families. Again, a true blessing. I know God is good. He listens when we feel we are alone. He places friends and people in our path to bless us with His love. Keep the faith!
I felt it was important for Brad to walk for graduation. I wanted the boys to remember how boring it was but that their dad did it. I was surprised how much Ethan enjoyed it. He was so proud to have a dad walking. He would stand up and walk right up to Brads row where he was sitting during the ceremony and take his picture or go for a hug. I couldn't stop him because Gavin passed out in my lap. At least one of my children will remember this amazing moment.
After all, we did to it together- Brad, Ethan, Gavin and I all graduated law school.







2 comments:
Yeah!!! a huge Congratulations!!! I remember reading past blogs of when this adeventure began and looking at that countdown...when was that day going to come? Well hello to your new adventures. You guys are a brave and amazing family and bravo for achieving this goal. I am sooo excited for you! Good luck with the new lawyer in the house and the little babe to come!
Oh Monica, how come your posts always make me cry? You deserve to be proud! It was a huge accomplishment. I can't even explain how grateful I am that we met you guys and had the experience we did during law school. Miss you!!!!
Post a Comment