Very quickly our life turned upside down. I went in to the doctor on Friday for a routine OB visit to finding out that we had lost our sweet baby.
On Saturday I delivered a precious tiny little girl.
We named her Lucy.
It's hard to describe a broken heart. And how to heal one is beyond me. But we know that there is a time a place for everything. And that God is good and heals all pain.
I was able to hold her in my hands, and felt peace and comfort wash over me. I cling to this moment when I try to move on with life as everyone else is doing and I am frozen from the pain of a broken heart.
They say that people who had a well lived life get buried in the ground, but a child is forever buried in your heart. And that is where Lucy will be.
It will just take time to mend and grow from the pain. I have never asked why me; for every baby is a blessing, even an 18 week baby. And for her, I am grateful.

8 comments:
Love you...
Oh I am so sorry Monica. I'll keep your little family in our prayers.
This breaks my heart. I am so sorry for your loss. Sending prayers and love your way.
Oh Monica, I can't imagine the pain of losing a baby. I'm so so sorry about your little girl and the feelings and emotions you must be feeling. ((HUGS)) My prayers are with you.
Monica, I'm so sorry sweet friend. I love you and you are all in our prayers.
Monica we are so sorry for your loss. We will keep you and your family in our prayers. I love your perspective on every baby is a blessing. You are such an amazing woman and I look up to you so much.
Tahsha
Oh Monica... I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet little Lucy. Thank you for sharing, for this is something no one wants to go through or think about. Your strength & faith are a beautiful example. My thoughts & prayers go out to you & your family.
Monica, Sorry just doesn't cut it when things like this occur. Even though we know (thank goodness) that Heavenly Father has a plan-that you will see her again-and that she is waiting for you in the celestial kingdom-it still hurts, aches.
I will pray for you to have peace, comfort, and continued faith to go on. I know there are special blessings for Mother's that lose a child. Just like When Christ cried with Mary when Lazareth Died (despite the fact that he knew that he will rise again-I am sure christ and Heavenly Father cry with you-as they see your pain from the loss of your child-even though they know she is safe and well.)God knows you and loves you.
Love,
Kendra
Post a Comment