



So, Brad finally finished the basement kitchen. We bought this house with the intention of renting out the basement to a young married couple, but I guess we never got around to it? Until just recently when some friends called and asked if we were renting out our basement. Since they were in a predicament, we extended our basement to them without the kitchen finished. Actually, it hasn't even begun, it was an empty room with brown carpet. So...You might ask, where were they eating? In my kitchen I would say. Four adults to one kitchen... needless to say brad went right to work getting the kitchen done so they would have their own space. My husband, an economist major, created a something out of nothing. He did all the plumbing, tiling, painting, drilling, cutting, screwing, installing and everything else it takes to create a kitchen. Well, I did help with holding up cabinents while he screwed them in, holding down the sink while he put that in, assisted with staining the cabinents, playing gopher while he yelled from below for some odd item that he had to describe in order for me to find (what the heck is a flex tube), and the occasional constructive critiquing (which he said didn't help and also said it wasn't constructive...is saying that maybe we should pray before he turns on the water to see if he did the plumbing correctly constructive or destructive?) Non-the-less, my husband did everything perfectly, it all works! So why an economist if he is such a good carpenter...I don't think he even knows!
1 comment:
OH MY GOSH!!!!! This is incredible! I had no idea that Brad is so amazing at that stuff! I can't believe it. Well, it looks like you are working hard on your house! I wan't to come visit and I miss you terribly! Love - Juls
Post a Comment