Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Ethan update


Enjoying mommy's ice cream after swimming, he doesn't quite know how to share yet! Finally he caught Roxy and is giving he loves, he is actually saying "soft loves, soft loves" in the picture. (I might have to say that a little to often)

Ethan is 22 months and a ball of cute energy. He is very funny and loves and hates to be the center of attention. Loves it when he is doing something funny on purpose, hates it when he does something un-intentionally and gets embarrassed (Really, he hides his head or runs out of the room). He has been such a joy in our lives, he does something different every day. Brad even said to me that he couldn't remember what life was like without Ethan. Here are a few updated things about Ethan.



  • Ethan talks and repeats everything you say, will even do 3-4 word sentences.

  • Loves to do everything himself and knows the words "more" and "both" and uses them to get his way (referring to the Popsicle that was cut in half, he wants both).

  • He hates it when you break things up for him, like a cookie, he wants it ALL in one piece.

  • Loves sweets and treats, especially Popsicles (which he calls "pickles", but knows the difference between a pickle or Popsicle when asked).

  • Will eat any veggie if it is called a bean...so the other day he ate all his broccoli/bean, that's a bean right?

  • Goes to the corner or somewhere private to poop, when finished he'll come up to you and say "poopy diaper".

  • Knows all of his body parts, especially "bum bum" and will chase you around if he sees a bum bum to tickle (I have no idea where he learned this since both brad and I do not tickle his bum bum, but he thinks it is hilarious so much that he will just randomly reach up and say "tickle bum bum" while trying to tickle yours (yes this is something that we do not encourage ;) ).

  • Sleeps in a toddler bed with is teddy and blanket and loves it (he has not figured out how to get out yet, so he'll sit there until you come and get him.

  • When he is in trouble, he'll run to his room when told and will stay there until we come and get him. Usually he is rocking in his rocking chair singing to himself. Once he is out of time-out he is the sweetest angel in the world, will do anything for you and loves to give kisses at that time!

  • Loves to do everything Brad is doing, and is helping/getting in the way while Brad is cooking, cleaning or fixing something. He will sit there patiently until Brad says he needs something and Ethan will give it to him. Loves his daddy.

  • Is obsessed with his Aunt Natalie, calls her "Nant Lolly", and refuses to come to me or Brad when she is here, even when he gets hurt, he goes running to her.

  • Loves to torture Roxy, calls her "rocky". Will chase her around until he gets frustrated that she wont let him catch her.

  • Loves puzzles, books, coloring and blocks.
  • Is learning to share and getting better at it, I feel bad for the kids who he has to learn from! (Aiden,Wyatt, Kaden).
  • LOVES to swing on the swing at the park, hands down once he sees the swing its the only thing he wants to do.
  • Is a pretty happy loving boy, loves to sit on your lap and cuddle when tired, is happy after waking up and loves it when you chase, tickle or give him rides.
  • We love Ethan!



7 comments:

Shelley said...

Can you believe our babies are about to turn 2?!

Melody said...

What a sweet little Ethan- he is so much fun! I can't believe all those boys are about to turn 2. I hope you're doing well!

tiff snedaker said...

Wow - he is really talking up a storm! He sounds like he has such a sweet temperment.

Amber said...

"tickle bum bum"...HAHAHAHA!

Steph said...

I wish Kaden would "tickle bum-bum"... instead, he comes up to you and says "spank" while hitting your bum. Don't look at me, I swear it was Ty who taught him to spank.

Hewards said...

I had to laugh, those are so cute! I called you the other day. How is your pregnancy! I miss you, call me!

Hilarie* said...

Hey Lady!! Your little boy is so cute too! I love the pict with he and Roxy!!! I bet she gets lots of love from him!!! :)