I can safely say that Gavin is ALL boy. He loves trucks and cars and trains and says "vroom" and "bee bee" while driving them. He also loves the toilet just like Ethan did, except this time Gavin is more likely to pull tiny strands of tp off the roll and put them in the potty and happily watch it flush down (I'm happy that its tp but not happy that he does this in general). He still struggles with his words, but is parroting more as I work with him. His tantrums are still consistent, usually caused by big brother or us not knowing what he wants. He loves shoes, hates tight shoes and the poor kid is blessed with troll-like wide feet, so he doesn't get to wear any of the cute shoes that Ethan did. I wonder if his fascination for our shoes stems from that fact that they don't hurt his feet when walking. I also learned during my road trip that he has the worlds smelliest feet! My sister and I honestly thought something was rotting on the ground in the back seat, we searched and searched and it was only after Gavin started kicking his feet in my face that I leaned in a little closer to get the sourest whiff of my life! I wanted to pass out, how can that come from such a little tiny being? WOW! He eats pretty much anything in front of him. He collects things and puts them in his pockets, he will touch anything in front of him. He even loves to wipe his spit up all over the couch, or rub his feet in any mess in the floor... I wouldn't expect anything less from my little BOY!
Now Ethan was a lot more timid at Gavin's age, inspecting the world before he touched or tried anything, Gavin just plunges right into everything! But now that Ethan is older, he quite enjoys driving me mad by doing ALL BOY stuff. Like pulling his pants down at the beach and taking a leak in the ocean all while leaning back and taking in the view like it was no big deal!! Or insisting on wearing the same pj's every night and day convincing me that he can clean them with a wash rag, or he can get in the bathtub with them or turn them inside out (which I thought was pretty smart of his 3 yr old mind). I have to admit, this year he has worn pjs more than clothes, but don't you worry, he tells me that he is willing to wear "normal" clothes over his pjs when seen in public. He hates his hair done (which is ironic bc he has longer curly hair that he insists we do not cut), he picks at every scratch and scab until it bleeds. Would be the happiest kid in the world if he could make a mess with anything and everything! And of course, on our walk home from the park he starts jumping in the mud puddles like his life depended on it. I let him because he loved it so much and after all, isn't getting all messy part of the ALL BOY gene?
1 comment:
BOyS! they are just darn cute! and from what EVERYONE tells me...so different then girls. Enjoy
Post a Comment