Brad and Gavin (who flies free) get to visit Brad's family in NC this weekend for some very special days. Brad will be baptizing our adorable, yet so grown up Addison Puffpaff Windham (I say this because when he was little you would call him something and he would say, "I'm not a monkey, I'm Addison Puffpaff"). I really wish I could be there for that. Also, it's Brad's sister and nieces birthday this weekend. Jessica, our niece, who already looks way too old for her age will be turning yet a year older which is terrifying for me and I'm not even her mama (but I did send some make-up for her birthday with Brad, only because I'm and aunt and her mom can't get mad at me)! How I wish I could be there to celebrate. But I am also glad to get some one on one time with my oldest child, while Brad gets one on one with our youngest child.
IT was VERY painful to watch Ethan bawl his eyes out when Brad left without him to go to the airport. It took hot chocolate, train jammies and a lot of reminding that Daddy will be back soon to make him feel okay...but only okay because he has reminded me numerous times that he wants his Daddy.
3 comments:
We've been doing a lot of talking about Daddy being gone at our house. The only thing that makes it okay really is that he's coming back!
And now I need hot chocolate too. :)
Fun stuff! There is a part of me where I am a bit hesitant to leave my youngest child with Steve, only for the fact that sometimes Steve gets a bit distracted and forgets that he is supposed to be attending the child. Glad to know that Gavin is in good hands. (not to say Steve isn't good)
awwww:( poor thing! i love my make-up(: but i missed you being there!!!! :( i hope to see you soonnnn!!!
Post a Comment