This year the egg dying has been bitter sweet. Ethan has been so excited, too excited to even let me try to color or decorate the egg before dying it. He grabs all of them, uses his hands to change them from each color, mostly putting all of them in every color. He loves it, giggles the entire time and wants to do more. THEN as if that wasn't enough, he LOVES eating the eggs, and LOVES cracking it open, shelling it and sometimes eating the yolk and other times throwing the yellow yolk random places...like behind the TV, uhum.
The worst part of this event was Ethan "hiding" the eggs for Gavin without me knowing (he didn't do a very good job since Gavin found them) and together they decided to throw the eggs against the wall, smash on the carpet into tiny pieces and then jump on them. I found them giggling their heads off while 3 different eggs were smashed to pieces all over the ground. What did I do, something really STUPID...you would think the stupid thing I did was KILL my kids. Nope, instead I grab the vacuum (are you cringing yet) and vacuum up BOILED EGGS all while fighting off my kids from grounding the eggs into the carpet even more. Once the disaster was cleaned up, I looked in the canister (I have a vacuum where you can see the dirt you suck up) and there were NO eggs in there. I thought "WHAT THE, OH NO, OH NO" and I flip my vacuum over to see egg puree all over the sucker spinner thingy and along the inside of my vacuum. To make this story more horrific, I decided earlier while I was cleaning up the eggs that I might as well vacuum up the hallway and rooms "while I was at it". So lets just say our house smelled like Juicy Sulfuric Fart that I know for sure would have burned coming out if someone were to actually fart, butt no, it came from my stinky vacuum.
I thought the entire time that I was scrubbing my vacuum with bleach that you "can't fix stupid" I was actually calling myself stupid, and boy, I sure paid for that stupidity.
Cause for real, people, would you have vacuumed up those eggs without thinking? I want honest for real answers!!
6 comments:
Oh, that is horrible. The things we do for our kids. Good luck finding a good air freshener! :)
Ha ha ha. Sad thing is, I would have done exactly the same thing. Buy a new vaccum and TONS of carpet deoderizer. Good luck and see you Friday!
That's hilarious! Honest- I would have done it too. I wouldn't even have thought about it! LOL. LOTS OF SCENTSY IN THE HOUSE!!
LOL. I probably would have vacuumed up the eggs without thinking as well. I agree on the Scentsy :)
I still don't know what to say...
Truthfully, honestly...probably, but now I know thanks to you. :)DO NOT vacuum up eggs. :( I am sorry about your eggs gone wrong. where do they come up with this stuff?
Post a Comment