Monday, September 27, 2010

Silly Gavin

The kid doesn't talk. He grunts and screams and says "nandy" for candy. BUT he does listen. The other day I was cleaning out the car, we live on an ally that turns into a hill, our house on top of it. Gavin decided he would throw his balls down the hill which he knows is a NO NO. So, he took his basketball up to the edge of the driveway (where he knows is as far as he is supposed to go) and says "uh-oh" I look up to see him with his hand cocked back ready to chuck that b-ball as far as his little arm can go to see it roll all the way down the hill.

I say "GAVIN DO NOT THROW YOUR BALL DOWN THE HILL"

Gavin looks at me and DROP KICKS his ball down the hill...

sigh. Who wants to say do not throw, kick, hit, push, pull, nudge, tap, roll, etc. your ball down the hill?

I picked up 3 balls from the bottom of the hill that he did not "throw" but managed to get them to the bottom of the hill watching with gllllleeeeee, silly boy.

2 comments:

Erin said...

As your kids get older, you actually have to SAY all the things you don't want them to do. Otherwise, they can argue with you about it. :)

Raising Helm said...

Experimenting! boys love it. I esp. love how they make up their own rules and ways of getting around the "real" rules. We def would be waisting our breath if we had to give the exact details of everything. Sign language? Maybe I will look into it :)