
A couple weeks ago I wanted to go visit my parents with my boys while Brad studied. My parents informed me they were going to be out of town, so I decided not to go. THEN it started snowing again in Moscow, we all were so tired of the snow we were going to rip our hair out. So I threw some clothes in a bag and went to Edmonds, WA for a few days of R&R and sunshine. Except that my parents weren't there, so my kids got me up at 630 every morning and ran me ragged until bedtime at night. They got to see uncle Ryan, wrestled, sung, and played their hearts out and would finally go to bed. The entire time they asked for Grandma and Grandpa. Ethan even told me that they didn't like it without the grandparents.
My parents live on a hill, all the way from the driveway down to the beach. It only took my boys a couple trips to find out that if you throw a ball out the front door, it rolls down the driveway and down the hill and disappears and gets mommy really mad, acting like a crazy lady running down the hill after the balls. I think at one point when my boys found the ping pong ball stash I finally gave up and promised to buy my parents new ping pongs as I was picking them up but they were bouncing down the hill faster than I could catch them. Gavin thought this was hilarious, and Ethan sure tells a funny story how mommy was acting crazy yelling, trying to stop and catch ping pongs before they were gone forever.
SO- to entertain my children we went to a children's museum and the beach. They loved the beach, even though it was pretty windy and still cold, but warmer than Moscow. I loved it as well, and was pleased knowing that my boys enjoy the beach as much as I do.
A couple walked over to me and the old man said, "Oh, to be young and care free again" as he watched my boys walk into the freezing water up to their knees "and not have a care in the world except how far you can throw a rock" then he chuckled and walked away.
Sometimes it's good to get away from your day to day. It was a short, but well needed trip to bring us all back to reality. That life is good.
2 comments:
They are such cuties. I miss the beach. Oh to be young those were great times.
oH I miss those beautiful boys and you!! I am glad you were able to get away from a while! The snow is overwhelming sometimes!
Post a Comment