Sunday, March 27, 2011

Brad, remember him?

Brad has been working pretty hard in school this year. He really does amaze me how hard he studies and how dedicated he is. He has a paper due tomorrow worth 50% of his grade, which he has been talking about and working on every minute he has. He has such a tough job trying to study, be a dad, active in church and a husband AND get good grades. Because you could do all that without any problems if you didn't care about your grades. He manages to juggle the load with little effort.

I've had to work my stretch this weekend before his paper is due, which cuts into his studying time while he watches the kids when I sleep. He has been really great with the kids watching them while I work and then sleep in the mornings. I had a friend ask if Brad had enough time for his paper since he has to watch the kids while I work, Brad is one of a few guys who has to watch their kids while their wife works. This made me nervous, I sure hope he does well, even with less time to work on his paper than others. He really does amaze me what he can do.

I used to wish I could see him more, but then I would feel guilty for taking time away from his studies. I am so grateful for the time I do get to spend with him, and the times he is away isn't that bad anymore, I spend that time entertaining the kids and love it. I have a great group of friends from church who are going through the same thing, which are a great support.

I can't believe how fast the time has gone. Brad has about 6 more weeks of his first year left! One year down. Amazing.

No comments: