Friday, March 25, 2011

Mr. Smarty pants



Ethan, my 4 yr old, amazes me everyday with the things he picks up and learns. The other day we were skyping Grandma Paulette and she asked him how to write CAT, MAP and STOP. The kid to my amazement, sounded out the letters and wrote them out for grandma to see. Brad was beaming with pride, I was also impressed. Where does this kid get this stuff? All I've been doing is talking about letters and signs when we go places. Like on the door that says "pull" I ask him to sound out the letters, which he started off a little rough sounding out the letters but not putting the word together, he is getting better now. He refuses to sit down with me and actually practice writing or letters. So I figured he has a year before kindergarten, I would work on it then, I guess he's been doing it all along!!! I sure do love this kid.

Ethanisms

I warn Ethan not to do something, he still does it, I tell him he will have to sit in time out if he does it again. He does it again. I put him in timeout, he says, "BUT I DIDN'T REMEMBER you didn't want me to do that" he uses this phrase EVERY time.

Ethan: "when I grow up, I want to be a doctor or a lawyer, but I DON'T want to go to kindergarten"

Ethan: "oopsies, spagettio"

Ethan: "I don't want to go to bed, I will lay in bed, BUT I WONT SHUT MY EYES!"

2 comments:

Melody said...

Ha ha! Love that guy, what a little character.

Amber said...

Yeesh, he is a smart kid. Logan just randomly wrote his name for the first time yesterday, and I can't ever get him to practice writing letters, either. It was exciting for me, at least.

Love the last few updates! Especially that Ethan now has a "dinner party" story to tell about you running and yelling down the hill. Haha!

You've got some super cute little fellas. Miss ya!