
The boys are quite the social bugs lately. Today at the park Ethan shared our entire lunch with all the kids there. I brought extra to share and had to come home to feed my kids lunch because he was so willing he gave it all away!
This reminds me of a quote by Marion G. Romney speaking of giving to the poor and welfare work. "You cannot give yourself poor in this work" then he quoted his mission president, Melvin J Ballard, "A person cannot give a crust to the Lord without receiving a loaf in return".
I really liked that, knowing with my situation that I have little, whatever I do give I will always be taken care of. Sometimes it is hard for me to go out and do some service or volunteer because I worry about taking care of my family first.
I love Ethan's example to me, to give without caring about what he gets in return or even if he'll eat lunch. He was so happy just to share. Sure do love that kid!
3 comments:
That is seriously cute! I love how he doesn't even think twice about giving, when we as adults sometimes fear what people will say about us, or think...etc. I love how innocent and genuine kids are! What a big heart he has!!
What a sweetheart. He gets it from his Mommy. :)
That's a great quote and truthfully something I really, really, needed to hear today.
Miss you! ♥
what a sweet kid. i love their example.
Post a Comment