Saturday, October 01, 2011

Ethan's 5!

Remember how my kids are a week shy of 2 yrs apart. Well, this was that week. First Gavin turns 3 than Ethan turns 5 on me... oh my aching heart! All in one week! Today Ethan had a little birthday party. He wanted a pirate party. Brad and I spent some time decorating and making cakes for the kids last night and today Ethan had a few friends over to celebrate. Ethan insisted on wearing a pirate costume that is too small which gives him a wedgie, but he didn't care, he looked "cool". I also dressed up because, well, I can at this age Ethan thought it was awesome that I was a pirate too. I dressed Gavin up as well, I'm a little bummed I didn't get a picture of us together. Ethan screamed, "this is the best party ever" today a couple times, so that made me feel good. He also wanted to go to bed in his costume, which I think was a success.

A few things about Ethan in his 4th year that are memorable:

Ethan still loves Teddy and sucks his thumb while holding Teddy's ear in the same hand. We stopped the thumb sucking now that he is 5, he isn't too sure about that.

Ethan loves his buddy Brooke, she lives down the street, goes to preschool with him and her mom watches the boys when I work. He knows how to write his name and Brooke's, he also talks about her all the time, it's pretty cute.

He learned to ride a bike without training wheels and is "super fast". He loves to go on bike rides.

Ethan is quite artsy, he likes to draw/do crafts, and sing. He is very quick about learning songs and tunes. He is very creative with making forts, or different things to play in.

He knows his alphabet, sounds, letters and can write them. Can count to 20+ and all sorts of other things that I find about every day that he picks up on. I guess he is listening when I try to teach even though he looks like he is bored to death.

He likes to play ipad games or games on the computer and he is better at them than I am.

If you ask him today what his favorite color is, it's pink. He also likes Hello Kitty bc his aunt Natalie loves hello kitty. He calls it Happy Kitty. He loved Batman for a while, it will probably change tomorrow.

His favorite food is popcorn, eggs, and pancakes.

Ethan loves animals, especially dogs.

He is quite the daredevil! No fear in this child!!

He will sit in my lap and read books all day long if I would let him. He is such a cutie and a joy. He is always coming up with funny stuff and is so smart. He makes us proud every day! We sure love having him around!!!

No comments: