I turn 30 in 4 MONTHS?
Yesterday was a good friends birthday. I called her late at night and sang her a crazy little song on her message machine. After hanging up I started to panic a little. I mean, when I was younger I thought 30 was SO old! I still think it is so old. I remember thinking I wanted all of my kids done by 30, but then I didn't want to get married until I was 25! Wrong and wrong. I am so glad I made these decisions that have led me to be where I am at today. With marrying Brad and my two little rascals (hopefully more puffpaffs in the future). But as I thought about where I have come, I realized I only have 4 months to accomplish some goals that I have been working on.
There are so many things I thought 30 can bring and that I should be BY the age of 30. I have set a few goals to help me reach by the ripe old age of 30.
- We've all heard that at 30 our metabolism slows down. So to beat that, I want to be in shape before the metabolism goes down hill. I set a goal to work out at least 3x a week, 3x is manageable for me since I work nights and sleep half the days, so I know I can squeeze it in somewhere. I'm hoping this will be a routine by my birthday.
- Get it together... I have no idea how to reach this goal, bc I live in constant chaos. But by my birthday, I want to be one of those people who just HAVE IT TOGETHER. I will have to contemplate this one bc so much falls into this category. From cooking, cleaning, and showering at a decent time of the day.
- Be a BETTER mom. I adore my kids, with every single part of me. But I want to continue to help them grow and learn. Be more active with them instead of just watching them. I think working out will help with this one.
- GO out and DO the things I've been wanting to do.
This should cover it all, right? I sure hope so, because I'm not getting ANY younger. :)
4 comments:
Seriously - how did we get to be this age? I'm with you, I used to think that by 30 you're totally settled in your life and have everything figured out and things are perfect because you're so old. Well, now that thought just makes me laugh because I'm staring down the barrel of 30! :) Good luck accomplishing your goals in the next 4 months!
The year of the 30's-YIKES! my time will come sooner than I think:) seriously, why can't I get in the shower at a descent time??? Those are some great goals-You can do it. I hope I can to:) Enjoy this time before its too late...dun dun dun:)
You don't look a day older than 26 and your the hottest woman on the planet, that I know of anyway.
Thank you for singing me that "crazy little song" :) I loved it! I had been dreading my birthday because it's the last year that my age will start with a 2...then someone posted a quote that made me feel so guilty about pouting because I'm 29.
"Do not regret growing older; it is a privilege denied to many."
Kind of puts things into perspective.
Post a Comment