Friday, January 06, 2012

Count my blessings

all because two people fell in love


Yesterday I was so excited for this new year. I have been thinking a lot about my life since the holidays. I have been very blessed. It's almost embarrassing how blessed I am, my heart is full with so many blessings. To name a few...

FAMILY:
I have the absolute best husband and kids. I feel everyday how much Brad supports and adores me, and even more our kids. My boys bring perfect joy to my life, pure and innocent joy. I am so proud of Brad, I know going to school can be hard, but I know and can see the future he wants to provide for my family. He truly is a rock in my life, I am so grateful for his motivation and passion for life. I know my parents and in-laws love us unconditionally. Many times I have called my family to chat, but they always give me strength and renewed energy to keep up with life. My sister is my best friend, she can always make me smile in any situation and I miss her dearly when we are apart. I love all my in-laws- who can really say that? I'm one lucky girl to have such good friends through marriage!

FRIENDS:
One friend hands down has brought peace to my life. She is my kids sitter. She has relieved me of the guilt of sending my kids to a sitter while I work. She has been a support to me in hard times and always encouraging. I never worry about my kids when they go to her house. She has been a much needed blessing during these years of law school, we will miss her terribly when she moves this summer.

I also have amazing friends that I have met at work and church. They are all constant reminders of how us women can be strong in numbers and help each other. It is amazing to me the trials that are given to each one of my friends, I know I could never handle, but they do with ease. I could list pages of friends and everything they have done for me, even if it was just a phone call or an invitation to go play basketball. I value every friendship that I have.

WORK:
This is probably the hardest blessing for me to accept. Working in general, has been a difficult thing, when deeply I want to be home with my kids. Right now in my life I cannot do that, I need to work to pay the bills and put Brad through law school. I never imagined working for so long, or being a sole provider for my family, but I am. I am so grateful for my education and the empowerment it has given me provide for my family as we go through law school. I can do this. The good thing is that I have amazing co-workers and a wonderful Boss that will make it hard to leave when Brad is done. I mostly complain about the hours and my graveyard shifts, but never have complained about the money. So, I guess, money can make you do really stupid things like work 5 night shifts every other week to get a little hard earned cash!


MY SAVIOR:
There are too many times this past year that I have felt helpless and prayed to my Father in Heaven, and peace He has given me. So many times my prayers have been answered with comfort, love and peace. He has truly watched over me, and blessed me with so much that sometimes I don't feel deserving. I am who I am today because of my Savior. I am so glad that I found Him, know Him and trust Him.

3 comments:

tiff snedaker said...

What a nice reminder. Life gets tough sometimes and I love your perspective. Keep plugging along and remember to take it a day at a time.

Raising Helm said...

What a sweet post! You are one strong woman and how wonderful that you are aware of all the blessings around you. Definitely a great remider to all. Thank you!

amanda said...

its good to look at your blessing and count them. thanks for sharing. the other day my girls were talking about the "good old roxy days".. they are funny. talking like she was our dog.