For our church activity, the Bishop put Brad in charge. He decided to make our church activity a talent show and taco bar. I was a little nervous bc I was working the weekend of the show which means Brad would have to do everything himself. Well, I ended up getting the night of the talent show off to help. BUT Brad ended up doing everything himself anyway. He just has a "get it done right" personality and had everything prepped before I woke up. I guess cooking a taco bar for 80 people was no big deal to him, and putting together a talent show AND setting up for it on top of it all. He also practiced with a couple people who he was accompanying during the show or playing with his band he put together.
He also had tables out for others to display their non-performing arts talents. I was blown away with all the talent we had in our ward. Amazing painters, crafters, sewers... loved it all.
Ethan told us he wanted to sing a song during the show and has been practicing the past week. I wasn't sure if he was actually going to follow through because he would get shy if you watched him sing or practice. He would also set limits on how he would sing and when he would practice. It was almost a joke to get him to rehearse with all of us. But it worked out. He chose to sing "chasing cars" by Snow Patrol. Brad played the guitar and sang with him, I played the bass while Ethan sang. It was so darling to hear Ethan sing every word into the mic with no problems. I was super nervous for some reason, but he acted (just like his dad) like it was no big deal. So adorable, I wish we recorded it. I'm hoping Ethan sticks with his love for music like Brad. Brad started playing the guitar at 6yrs old. That will be next year for Ethan. He seems eager to start to learn, lets hope it sticks. I think it would be so fun to have a musical family!
Brad also got some of his law school buddies to join in a band. NOT ONE of these guys have EVER played in a band before. It was so funny, but I thought they rocked it! Brad taught the bass player, Taylor, how to play his part in only 2 practices. Nate, vocalist, learned the words and sang. Mark on the drums. Matt on the maracas. Quite the band, I believe they named the band "this is for realzies" haha.
My favorite part in all of this was watching and hearing Brad play and sing to the guitar. It has been awhile since he really sat down and played like he used to when we were first married. He is so talented, I just love listening to him. I am one lucky girl :)
1 comment:
That video was sooooo sweet. What a talented family you have, and darling to boot! I miss you tons, but it makes me really happy to see that you are doing well and blossoming right where you got planted. :) Love you bunches!
Post a Comment