I like Gavin. I do. I love the kid. But boy can he push some buttons... He is wild and crazy. He is a tank, rough and adventurous. He loves thrills. I mean it, to the point that he will jump off high things, roll down steep hills, stomp in huge puddles just for the FUN of it. He cannot get enough of me wrestling him or Brad flat out throwing pillows at him to knock him down. He drives me crazy with all his tactics. He is NOT quiet, but very loud. He screams demands, pleasantries and thank yous. He gets frustrated easily, especially at his toys that don't do what he wants them to. He is NOT soft with anything, even his kisses are pretty much a smash face plant.
On the other hand. This kid can giggle and laugh and laugh. He finds most things funny and makes you feel like a million bucks. He loves to be sung to and to be loved and held. He can give you the most amazing cuddles. He is quite the bargainer, "after I take a nap, I will go on a big bike ride to colty's house" sure buddy, whatever works. He is very polite, "wow thank you mommy, I wanted that." He has the best grey blue eyes, such personality dancing about in those eyes. He loves to be on the go and very active which keeps us on our toes.
I talked with a friend today after Gavin ripped my purse off my shoulder and broke the strap. She said I have a lot of patience for him and that his personality can be tunneled towards sports. I think she is SO right. Gavin needs something to get all his wiggles out and directed towards something of value. I feel like he would be great at any sport, he is driven and competitive and LOVES to get things right. Where Ethan loves to sing, Gavin has no interests and will destroy all of Brad's recording equipment before he would even say hello into the mic. I bought the boys some gloves to play catch with me. They both are still learning to catch, but Gavin can bullet the ball at your head when he throws it back.
Here is where I believe parents need to pay attention to the things that their kids find value in and let them pursue it. At age 6 Brad showed interest in the guitar, so his mom bought one and had him take lessons. He still rocks out to this day, and I love it. I think Gavin needs some sort of outlet besides pushing bro's and moms buttons. I'm hoping some sort of sport or gymnastic will tame the little lion!
No comments:
Post a Comment