Friday, May 30, 2008

Silly Ethan

As we all know, Ethan has an obsession with the toilet. After getting his own water out of it, like a big boy, to flushing unimaginable objects down it (i.e. 2 chicken bones, Q tips and a jumbo 3inch long Lego all in one toilet that sent Brad cursing and plunging for about an hour) I have become aware of the sound the toilet makes when the lid opens or closes. I am lucky because Ethan doesn't open or close it softly, so I hear the clink and go running to the toilet. I also have learned to put EVERYTHING out of reach from Ethan's flushing addictions including the tp. Because we have learned that my toilet has massive flushing power and will flush pretty much anything down that fits through the hole.

So the other day I hear the clunk of the toilet seat and head for the bathroom. Ethan is sitting there both hands on the toilet seat watching a opened diaper go swirling down. His head is actually going in circles like the toilet water with a big grin on his face! Me slow motion reaching for the diaper before it gets sucked down to never land, of course the diaper is just barely out of my reach before it disappeared with a belch from the toilet. Turning to Ethan ready to scold him again, he said, "Pee Pee" patting his privates! I lifted his shirt to find him naked! HE flushed his OWN diaper, the diaper off his own back down the toilet! I can just picture this, him wondering into the bathroom wondering what he can flush down the toilet and then deciding that his diaper is removable, lets flush it down! I just can't win, Ethan will ALWAYS find something to flush! Lets just hope that his diaper made it all the way to the sewer plant instead of halfway down our pipes and back up again!

1 comment:

amanda said...

that was hilarious. good luck getting that one out brad!