
We have an elderly lady who lives next door. She probably has a acre of grass FULL of dandelions. Ethan ran up to her the other day without any stranger fear and said, "whaauuutoooodooooiiiinngg" (phonetically spelled how he says it). I laughed so hard, he just asked her what she was doing sitting on her grass with a garbage sack full of dandelions. She was weeding her yard, I looked up at the masses of dandelions in her yard, just yellow speckled flowers throughout her yard, her grass was more yellow then green. I thought to myself what a horrid job, and she will never get it done. She was out there all day and weeded about 6 by 6 feet of dandelions, the next day, it was filled with new yellow buds of the sweet WEED! I was seriously tempted to help her at her endless cause, but instead introduced myself and left...I know I am a sweet neighbhor, I will bring her cookies soon to make up for it!
I couldn't help but think of the symbolism to this in our life. Get rid of the weeds before they consume your life, because then you will always be trying to pick them out as they grow 2 fold!
3 comments:
I love all the pictures of Ethan! I'm sure you're a great neighbor, and I don't know why anyone would ever spend the time picking off the heads of dandelions...they just grow back the next day. Maybe she was trying to get a tan!
that is a cute picture. my girls bring me those things all the time and i just have a nice dead pill of them on the back step. aren't i nice.
I miss you guys! I can't believe how big Ethan is getting and it's only been like six weeks! How is everything else going-hint hint? I can't believe all those teeth he has. I miss you!
Post a Comment