Tuesday, March 10, 2009

So proud


Ethan's new phrase..."I make you proud, mama?", "Daddy, I make you proud?" Yes, Ethan you make me very proud! Brad started saying this because Ethan started pooping on the potty! Yeah! Now, Ethan is obsessed with making Brad proud, and makes sure he asks Brad when Brad forgets to say it. Funny thing is, my Dad has always said that to me growing up. At the end of every conversation on the phone, or leaving the house he'll say, "I'm real proud of you". So Ethan, if you ever want to know if someone is proud, just ask Grandpa!
But yes, I am always proud of you, even when you dump out my contacts on the ground, put face wash all over your hair, try to push 4 DVDs in the PS3 at the same time, refuse to say sorry to Gavin, punch me in the gut because Brad taught you too when someone wrestles you, throw all the cushions off the couch, wipe your dirty hands on my shirt or the couch or the floor, gurgle backwash into my cup when you are taking a drink, yell MAMA when i am drifting off to sleep just so I don't get to sleep and not because you want something, jump into the folded laundry pile and unfold EVERY piece of laundry before running away, secretly pouring water all over the kitchen floor and then telling me that you spilled, wiping desitin cream all over the TV cabinet, step on Gavin's head for fun, refuse to put your head in the corner, walk in front of me all the time pretty much tripping me every time, poking at Gavin's eyes thinking it is funny, tell me that you have to go potty a million times while I am putting you to bed, climb on the counter to get a knife to rinse in the sink, only eat your chips and not your sandwich, instead using your PB&J sandwich as a grenade launching it behind the TV, applying toothpaste to all toothbrushes and even hair brushes and wiping it random places around the house, hiding toys in my shoes and forgetting about them until I put my feet in, coloring on Brads important documents, turning on ALL of your toys that make noise at once and refusing to turn them off, finally messing up your room when you are supposed to be sleeping. THIS ALL HAPPENED TODAY, but I am still proud of you.


5 comments:

Shelley said...

He sounds like a handful! Sometimes I think being a mom to little kids is like an episode of 24...we're constantly going and putting out "fires"! It is a tiring job, good thing we love them.

PS - I am going to see you next week at Suzanne's wedding!!!! :)

Tara said...

And people think it's EASIER to be a stay at home mom? Yeah right...

Melody said...

Oh Ethan. To call you busy would be the understatement of a lifetime! I like reading about your antics though, it makes me feel better that you and Wyatt share so many similarities (Wyatt didn't step on Jana's head, but he took her bouncy chair-while she was in it- and tipped it upside down)!

Kendra said...

I name you super mom of the year for dealing with the many tricks of motherhood! But look at all the fun stuff you can tell his girlfriend, wife, and kids one day!

Amber said...

And I thought Logan was bad today...