Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Ethan and his monkey



Ethan and I took a little walk yesterday to get his wiggles out before bed. Just him and I. Brad and I decided that we need to do more alone time with him because he is acting out to get attention from us, which is usually negative attention. I hope this will make him feel loved individually and important. He talked my ear off the entire time, and of course we had to stop and throw rocks into every puddle we found! He found this big round rock and refused to throw it in, instead carried it for the next 1.5 hrs! Silly boy! We love him lots!
Ethan loves his monkey backpack and will get mad at you if you don't hold his "tail". I have to admit I thought child leashes were silly, but this thing has kept us out of a lot of trouble. I keep it pretty close to me rolled in my hand and have saved Ethan when he trips and goes flying, I just give it a little tug and he stays afloat! Also, he has free reign over our walks leading the way and feels independent having 2 hands to explore the world around him. He knows that when we cross the street he has to hold my hand. He loves it and that is great.

3 comments:

Juliana said...

He is so cute!

Melody said...

That's a good idea, I need to try for more indiviual time with Wyatt too. Those pictures are SO cute.

Beth Gierhart said...

You'll have to get a book at the library for him called Tom and Pippo Go Shopping by Helen Oxenbury. Pippo is Tom's pet monkey and rides on Toms back when they go shopping. It's pretty cute and so is Ethan!