Saturday, September 26, 2009

Ethan-isms

Mr. Ethan and Teddy waiting for Old Faithful to blow!

Just wanted to post some new comments from Ethan that had me cracking up!
  1. I was questioning him about spitting on his shirt, he looked at me and said, "I had a problem, too much water in my mouth, so I wiped it on my shirt". hmm... it doesn't look quite like a wipe mark but okay.
  2. I was wrestling with Ethan and told him that I was going to eat him all up, he said, "You can't break my legs, they are too hard." Okay, wherever that came from! After I pretended to take a bite and told him he tasted like ice cream he said, "I don't taste like ice cream, I taste like Ethan"!
  3. I was asking him if he needed to go potty, he asked me if I had any potty candy, I said we had a chocolate bar that he could have a piece of if he went poop. Ethan looked at me and said, "Mama, I go poop and get the WHOLE candy bar, OK?" as he is walking to the potty repeating that phrase as if I am going to give in and let him set the standards!
  4. We were going on a walk and he said, "I play with Chase yesterday and tomorrow but not today", in fact he a hadn't done either but it impressed me that he knew how to use those words!
  5. Ethan will fall or get hurt and he will come to me for a kiss or hug and I'll kiss him better and say, "OK, all better". Ethan will say "It's not all better, it still hurts, not all better"! And give me this look like, didn't you just see what happened!
  6. Ethan will get in trouble for being a little mischievous and he'll say to me as I am counting to three, "Your gonna make me cry, don't make me cry". (he is trouble don't you think). Then once he is in his room he'll say, "Make me happy, make ME happy" as he is throwing a fit on a the ground.
  7. My favorite is deciphering sentences for Brad. Brad will be having a conversation with Ethan and will say, "what did you say" and Ethan will repeat himself and I finally have to yell it to Brad from another room. I never realized that he may be difficult to understand until Brad would say, I thought he was saying that but I didn't think he had the vocabulary! Ethan surprises us sometimes!

2 comments:

Melody said...

Ha ha, that funny Ethan! I end up translating for Lee often too, and it cracks me up- because it sounds plain as day to me.

Tara said...

Oh Ethan. I constantly find myself translating as well. It's so funny how we are the only ones that understand them sometimes!