Tuesday, September 29, 2009

SIlly Gavin

Adoring his brother, just wants to do everything Ethan is doing!
Getting into dog food, we buy the "Good stuff" now that we cannot stop Gavin from eating it!

Climbing stairs like a big boy...no one taught him this he just did it! He will also dangle himself off things until his feet find something to hold and then launches himself to the ground!


He loved jumping on the deflated aerobed, he would climb on himself and start bouncing himself!



I think Gavin will be my trouble maker (do I dare say I will have a child worse than Ethan)! He just barely turned one, and to celebrate that occasion he decided to climb out of his crib! I have no idea how he did it, since we already lowered it so he couldn't just fall out. I didn't hear a thump, or a bang or even a wail signalling that he fell out. So I have concluded that he just, simply, climbed out just like he climbs stairs, or the couch or on chairs. I heard smacking on the door and thought it was Ethan, but he was right next to me. What the heck, I go and open their door and see Gavin on his knees banging on the door just smiling away! I inspect- no bruises, no scrapes, no bumps...dear child you will be the death of me! We can only lower the crib one more time before it lowers no more and I am sure he will find a way out.
Since it was nap time, I put him back in bed, waited a few minutes and opened the door. Gavin looked straight at me, giggling, with one leg hanging over the railing in seriously "Chinese split" style! I was SO amazed that his legs could do that! How I wish I had a camera! Since I need my break as much as he needs a nap, I decided to put slippery blankets around the crib so he couldn't get his little feet to hang on to any of the rails, I also put socks on him. That did the trick! I think I may be going crazy since I thought to myself "ha ha ha, gotcha this time"! What- am I in a competition with my 1 yr old?!

4 comments:

Melody said...

It IS a competition, and heaven help us, we're going to start losing pretty consistently as they get older. :) I am glad Jana mostly stays put still, but she will follow wherever Wyatt goes, and Wyatt does NOT stay put. At least when he breaks out of the house into the front yard he considerately holds the door so she can get out too...
What a funny Gavin.

Randi and Adam said...

Oh those crazy kids!!! That is so funny how we have to think of ways to trick them. We definitely DON'T give them enough credit, they are smart little things. Gavin sounds like he is going to keep you on your toes!! - oh.. and Mady started pre-school! should have clarified that.. she's doing the lab at the college, but she loves it!

Melissa Durtschi said...

Between your two boys, is there ever a time where your not laughing your guts out or in some instances, going bald from pulling your hair out. (Is that why you got a hair cut?)

Amber said...

Hey, I say take your wins when you can get them....we're not going to be able to outsmart them for much longer.

So excited to see your hair, by the way.