Tuesday, December 15, 2009

a moment to myself...

ahh...both boys are sleeping, taking a nap, at the same time, I know, amazing. The house is so quiet, I love it, I can actually hear my mind screaming at me about all the things I need to get done and want to do but have been too busy to notice what it has been yelling at me. It reminds me of Harry Potter and the screamer letters, imagine a bunch opened at once. So I blog. I remember times when I blogged about my thoughts, it was quite a nice release, but lately I have only posted of the kids for the family to stay updated.

I am sad, during this season to be so far away from both sides of family, I feel quite lonely here in little Idaho. I am grateful for my sis, who lives just down the road yet we can only manage to see each other every Sunday when she comes for dinner which is a highlight, but when she moves, she will be missed too. It's a NC year for Christmas, which we will be leaving Christmas day tugging 2 kids and presents across the country by plane to visit Brad's family. I am so excited to see them, and hopefully be in warmer weather. I have a new sister-in-law which I am excited to meet, and some relatives have never met Gavin. I am also looking forward to getting a break, from everything and leaving a lot of worries behind for a week.

Ethan's awake, dun dun dun!
Peace out, me!

2 comments:

Raising Helm said...

Breath...nice you had a moment. Sounds like you are going to have a fun, busy christmas. Are you still in Rexburg? did I miss something? If you are ever in my neck of the woods I will be waiting. dun dun dun. ha ha ha

Melody said...

You're so right. I remember when I just used to blog about things and use it as a little way to zone out- when did it become another thing on the to-do list? Bathe the dog, mop the kitchen, update the blog, fold the laundry...
Huh. I love being a mother, I really do. It occurs to me, however, that I should remember to have some little life outside of my kids, because someday (all too soon) they'll grow up and not need me every hour of the day any more. Maybe I'll just nap for about 6 years straight.
Hope you don't get too lonely, you are always welcome here (we're totally willing to share out germs!). :)