Thursday, December 03, 2009

On a bright note

I still love my son.
Even after the baby powder incident, all over the room, Gavin, his crib and blankets at 11:00pm.
Even after Ethan having an "accident" on the carpet even though he told me to go away as he was doing it.
Even after the same 3 yr old dumped half a bottle of olive oil on the carpet.
Even after I sent him to his room to get dressed and he emptied his entire closet on the floor.
Even after he took the carpet cleaner I was using and sprayed down our nice pillows.
Even after he sat watching the tp go swirling down the toilet still on the ring unraveling as it goes, yet he just couldn't walk 10ft to go potty.
Even after he spit a chewed up cookie back into the batter because he said it had too much flour on it.
Even after he ripped open the curtain and jumped in the tub with me as I was "trying" to soak my stresses away.
I still love him... but on days like this I may be willing to give him away for the right price!

7 comments:

Randi and Adam said...

What a funny little guy! You definitely have your hands full. Boys are just something else. Having Mady and then Noah is SO different. But that is so funny what you say. I think we all have those days where a break wouldn't be so bad! Lol.

Melonius said...

I used to flush the tp down the toilet and watch it spin too! He must be a genius! Actually, I really think that the smarter the kids are the more they get into and drive us moms BONKERS! But it sounds like you have a better attitude about it than I've had...I always say that my kids are so cute so that they STAY ALIVE.

Steph said...

No he didn't...Are you serious? I can't believe he did, you're kidding right? Ethan, oh cute little ethan...your mom loves you so much but please don't pee on the floor because it will make her so sad.

Melody said...

Oh wow. We had one of those days on Monday. Dumped out half a box of rice cereal, climbed on the counter and unrolled the paper towles into the sink and then watered them with the sprayer, hosed down the kitchen with whiteboard cleaner, removed several large pieces of kitchen wallpaper...but you're right, I still love him to pieces and still miss him when I'm away from him. *sigh*

Raising Helm said...

Okay, YOU TAKE THE CAKE!
well you deserve more than a cake. My family can't even imagine having a little boy like my Jamison, (he's into everything) I think I am going to refer them to your blog and let them read the life of Monica and Brad.ha ha Then they will know how easy I have it. Your boys are amazing, laughter provoking and yet I still want to cry! love ya

Chelsey Hymas said...

Sounds like you have your hands full! Its a good thing he's so cute!

Suzanne said...

Did he really do all of those things in just one day? LOL...wow..that keeps your life and days very interesting!