Thursday, January 14, 2010

growing up...



Guess who is a SUNBEAM? I think Ethan did pretty well in Sunbeams, I am the secretary for the Primary at church so I was able to watch him. He seemed a little clueless at first, but after singing time he did better. He did run to me a couple times asking for gum, I guess he was worried about his breath! HA.

Ethan also starts preschool next week as well. We are ready and prepared, he is thrilled!

All this at once, what will he do with himself?

Well, let me tell you. He has started to take initiative by doing things himself, or figuring things out without help. Like today when he wanted his monkey towel that was on the top of the closet, he pulled all the other folded towels off the shelves he could reach to make "stairs" to get to his monkey towel. It was difficult to get mad at such a reasonable explanation.

He also figured out hiding places for things even though he doesn't have pockets, his underwear seems to be his favorite right now. The other day he told me he was hiding his gum (package of 5 pieces that Daddy gave him), I said where? He said, right here, and lifted up his shirt, pulled open his pants and undies to reveal the little package of gum, er right next to his little package...

I'm glad that Ethan is growing because he is so dang cute, but I do have to admit it does sting a little.

3 comments:

Ty and Kumari said...

HAhah that is so cute he kept asking you for gum!! He has to impress the ladies in his class!! I cannot believe your kids are getting so old!!! I need to get on the ball!!!

Randi and Adam said...

your little guys is such a character! I love reading your funny stories! kids are a trip...but your right, there is that sad part about them getting older. It seems like it's gone so fast. I remember when we were all pregnant...crazy!

Raising Helm said...

Ah man, it does sting a bit when you realize they are getting older and more independant. A tear or two to my eye for sure. It is an exciting time! Crazy to think about! Glad to hear he is still keeping up with making more "joyful" work for you and of course having nice breath at the same time. Who needs pockets? I love it!