Today I looked out the window and saw the sky sprinkling quarter sized snowflakes all around me. A few months ago I may have thought this would be pretty, but today it just made me cranky. You know one of those days that you can't manage anything, can't stay up on the cleaning no matter how hard you try, you make a bigger mess than already existed... an uncoordinated, dizzy, skewed day. I feel people are allowed to have these types of days, only to stay grounded. Yesterday I was loving my life, adoring my husband and doting on my kids, even pumping myself up to achieve some silly goals. But today, dun dun dun, I have been blinded by white cold snow. I guess it doesn't help that I am passing a kidney stone either, I have a feeling that has tarnished my charitable mood. It came quickly in the afternoon, almost a reminder that life could be MUCH worse. OK, I'm sorry bad mood fairy, please take the kidney stone back, I promise I will be better. But no, I sit here typing my life away in a madness like a mad scientists trying to get calculations on paper before he dies...or in my case crumples on the floor to have the pain take me into a psychedelic laser show with pink Floyd playing in the background. I may not have mentioned that pain can make people do crazy things, like burn cookies in an attempt to appease a 3yr old but sent him bawling because they taste "not the same" a he is bent over the trash can trying to spit the remains of the chewed cookie out...I tried to convince him they would still taste good (i know, i am mean). Blame it on the PAIN yeah, yeah (to be sung in place of "blame it on the rain, yeah yeah"). I did let him have popcorn, an entire bag, in place of cookies, that made him very happy. So happy he wanted to feel where mommy's tummy hurt, and make it feel better. I don't think 3 yr olds know how to be soft because his "rub" turned into a jabbing to see how far he could get his fingers into my tummy. I was expecting to yell, maybe cry and scold but in some far off world that punching my gut actually gave me a slight relief for a few moments I could see straight...who knew, but it didn't last long. I thought typing would help take my mind off, guess not.
Maybe tomorrow will be better.
5 comments:
What is up with the kidney stones? my father in-law has them , my sister in law had them, and my other sister in law has galstones??? I hope yours will pass soon. I am sorry to hear about all "THE PAIN" that is abounding at the Puffpaff house. I do have to say I find comfort in your cute life. Though it may be a "cranky" day, I laugh because i started my day off grand and pumped like how you had. Now I have found myself somewhat of a poop. Oh well, always tomorrow. I am happy and love life and I adore my family. We do deserve these kind of days. Good Luck!!!
You poor thing seriously how to deal with kidney stones the way you do you seriously have one or two a month! I am so so so sorry! Please let me know if I can take the kids for a while~! I hope it passes soon and if I was worth a million dollars I would take you to an island with me to get away from this snow!
boo for kidney stones. have you had them before?
and the snow has gotten old for me too...
You watched my kids even though you feel terrible! I am so sorry, let me know if there is anything I can do. Sorry about today.
Monica, that sucks! I'm really sorry that you are having such a 'rocky' time of it. Okay sorry that was a terrible pun! Hope you get feeling better soon!
Post a Comment