Monday, June 14, 2010

funny moments as a parent

We took a little trip a few weekends ago where Ethan learned a few tricks from his Daddy. While Brad and I were in conversation Ethan was yelling from the backseat for Brad to unlock his window so he could roll it down. We both figured he wanted to pull out the blanket that was rolled in the window to block the sun, so Brad unlocked the window so Ethan could roll it down.

Instead of just pulling out the blanket, Ethan decided to TRY to SPIT out the window as well (mind you we were going about 75mph) which resulted in an epic FAILURE of going out the window instead landing down his cheek and the side of the car seat and window.

Ethan: "uh-oh, (whining) that didn't work...I'm not very good at that"

Mommy: Laughing so hard cannot talk

Ethan: "help mamma, there is spit all over me"

Mommy: laughing still, but able to hand Ethan a wipe

Poor kid, all he was doing was imitating Brad (who spits sunflower seeds out the window) and as a result got a bunch of spit in his face...I wonder if he'll try that again! Add that to my list of things I must teach my child: do not spit out the window while the car is moving (who would have thought that was on the must teach before 3yrs old list).

ANOTHER FUNNY MOMENT IN MOTHERHOOD:

I was talking on the phone with my mother-

Me: "Ethan don't pick your nose and EAT IT! That is yucky!"

My mother: "How about telling Ethan NOT TO PICK HIS NOSE"

My mother is the smartest mother I know!

3 comments:

Stacey Jensen said...

Oh my gosh I am laughing hysterically sitting here! My sides hurt! Thanks for posting that. Made my day.

Raising Helm said...

That is priceless! I love it! nothing like a little slobber flippin' in the face. ha ha ha! The things they pick up. Love your mom's advice! I am laughing.

Jessi and Family said...

that is hilarious!!!! oh my goodness!!! i love it(: