Brad knows that I love Yellowstone, any time of the year, so he decided to be spontaneous and take me up to West Yellowstone to experience it in full on winter! Friday afternoon he tells me to pack clothes for the weekend, we're going to west Yellowstone in the winter! YEAH! We stayed at a really nice lodge, swam, cooked and ate, played in the snow, went window shopping, bought Christmas presents, played games and just watched the snow fall from our porch. It was so beautiful and definitely brought the Christmas spirit in our lives. Ethan loved it too, exploring the new place and playing in snow deeper than him. I love doing things like this, and I am glad that Brad loves it too. Yellowstone was very beautiful and white!
Of course the batteries died so I only was able to shoot half of our trip, the rest is on video.
Swimming in the pool, which he wasn't sure about not touching the bottom. He loved playing on the steps, where he could touch! If you brought him in deeper, he would hang on for dear life!
Our view from our porch, I call it a porch because it was the size of a small living room furnished with chairs and table!
Family photo in front of the lodges fireplace. I am happy that Ethan is at least looking at the camera since I took this balancing the camera on the top of a lamp and the timer on (hence the crooked picture)
We attempted to take family photos with our timer...which meant I was running through knee deep snow trying not to fall and pose for a picture in 10 seconds! (that is quite a ways to run through snow and pose in just 10 seconds!)Notice the picture below... I didn't quite make the shot, hee hee!

Ethan's ride through the hotel eating his raisins. He loved it!
4 comments:
How sweet of Brad to surprise you like that, and what a nice weekend getaway!!! Those are some good family pictures for a self timer, lol. Glad you had a good time :)
What a great surprise!!! I loved the photos and you definitely deserved the break. The last shot was great! you should use that one for your christmas letters.
looks like you guys had so much fun. i like the fireplace shot really cute. its nice to see people in "real clothes". brad good job-snaps for you!
Moni- looked like such a fun trip:) By the way, your Christmas card and letter was sooooo cute-thanks for sending us one! Merry Christmas <3 steph
Post a Comment