So, I got excited about putting a tree up this year. I had ideas of hunting down a tree in the wilderness, chopping it down and dragging it back to our car, drinking hot chocolate and singing to Christmas music all the way back home while I peek at our tree on the roof of the car... we found our tree at a tree lot. So much for dreaming right? But, I do love my tree. We spent way too long at the lot criticizing every tree, that one is too holey, not enough fluff, too skinny, too sparse, lopsided etc. Which is funny to me, because don't we decorate it and make it pretty anyway and end up loving all the imperfections. Brad kept reminding me that every tree has a flaw, so in his terms hurry up and pick your best flaw. So I did, I chose the fluffy, full, dark green spruce with what looks like someone chopped the top off, but actually grew like that. I thought this flaw would be easy to fix, just put a angel on top and I have a perfect tree.
Too enamored by all the trees to smile for the camera.
Daddy and Ethan browsing the trees.
My tree on my sweet ride. I wanted the tree delivered, but the "tree man" insisted that it would fit, or just made it fit. After all the hunting, sawing and standing of the tree, we are all too tired to decorate. So our tree stands alone in our living room until the boys wake up and decorate. (I have a feeling that a lot of watching will be done as I decorate the tree).
3 comments:
Man, what a pretty fluffy tree. it does look like a winner! can't wait to see what it looks like up at your house.
Glad it was a successful endeavor! It looks like you got a really nice full tree. Sounds liket the delivery man was just being lazy but I guess you got it to fit :)
Great tree...I had no idea you got a new car!!! I looks great.
Post a Comment