Wednesday, December 05, 2007

taking a sick day...


We are all sick in this household. Brad's throat is killing him and has a headache. I fortunately only have a faucet for a nose and have zero energy. Little Ethan has just about everything, his eyes are watery, nose is running, coughs, sneezes, is off and on feverish and pulls at his teeth- just our luck, he's teething on top of it all. This is the first time that all of us have been sick. Little man wants to be held all the time, which would be okay any other time, but this time I can hardly hold up a glass of water and his 22 lbs is really pushing it. So, we just chill out in our pajamas, watching Disney movies or reading books. I found that Ethan will watch cartoons if I get excited about them and also have grapes ready for him to eat. I have justified this to the fact that I am sick, and as long as I read a couple books here and there, I am a halfway decent mother today. This is one of those days that I say, tomorrow I will be better. As for today...its a pj, reading, movies, sleepy and healing kind of day.

4 comments:

Juliana said...

I can only imagine that this is the worst!!! I hope you are feeling better...Ethan is just too cute!

amanda said...

love the snowman. sorry you were sick. worked last night and hear that you were on call, really slow night. i'll post the recipe for the sugar cookies in that post. take care.

Marshall said...

Sorry you guys were all feeling cruddy but I'm glad you were able to stay home and re-coup. Hope you are feeling better!

Hewards said...

Parker just got his first cold and its horrible I hate it. Hopefully Tyler and I will stay healthy cuz I've had enough sickness this year. Hope you get better soon. G