Saturday night I did end up decorating the tree by myself, because I couldn't wait for Ethan and Brad to wake up and Brad was still feeling sick (although he didn't forget to tell me I was doing a great job). Ethan woke up toward the end of decorating and insisited on helping me put the bulbs on, which actually consisted of him throwing the bulb in the tree. As you can imagine, the pace of my decorating sped up immensely before all the bulbs were thrown in where I couldn't find them. This was so fun, like experiencing a Christmas tree for the first time with Ethan. I loved watching his little face just stare at the blinking lights and hear him babble to himself. He has been really good at just touching the tree and not pulling it on himself. One thing I couldn't take away from him is the tree. He loves it so much, so I am not gateing it off and am letting him be a part of it. He has his own non breakable ornaments on the bottom, which he pulls off all the time and I find them around the house in odd places.

Sunday I was looking at the tree and saw some bright yellow, red and blue plastic balls stuck in the bottom. Ethan has taken the liberty to put his own plastic balls in the tree for decoration. I wasn't sure how he does this until Sunday night when I was taking them out, he saw me and came right over, took a ball and chucked it back into the tree...it is very funny.
3 comments:
Your tree looks great! Ethan is too cute with the balls in the tree. That is such a boy thing.
Look at that mischevious grin on his face. I'm glad he loves your tree so much :) The balls add a nice touch, lol.
THat is so funny...way to help Ethan.
Post a Comment