Monday, July 14, 2008

oh Ethan

so...while viewing posts tonight I hear a yell from Brad looking for me. I call back, he calls for me, I call back and he calls for me...then he walks into the room holding Ethan (who was put to bed 2 hrs earlier), and he is naked with brown stuff on his hands. Yes, the brown stuff is POOP! He had taken his diaper off while in bed and either pooped before or after, either way, he played with it. Brad said he heard Ethan saying "yucky, ewww, yucky" in the monitor and went to check on him. He turned on the light and saw Ethan sitting up in bed, naked, and holding the poop up to Brad for Brad to take. Thanks, Ethan, for giving dad poop! So I got to wash him off, dress him and try to put him back to bed. He was funny, he layed there really still looking around him. Obviously scoping the scene for any poop particles that his father had missed. I covered him with a blanket and gave him teddy, and he still sat there wide eyed like, "you are going to make me sleep here!" Yes child, you sleep in your bed even if you played with poop in it, luckily we love you enough to clean and disinfect it before putting you back down. Oh dear Ethan. If you are saying Eww and yucky, then don't play with it, it doesn't count if you play with it and say that! Well, good thing, because if he didn't, he would have slept in it...(shudder) and I would have had to deal with dried poop myself in the morning!

6 comments:

tiff snedaker said...

ROTFL- that is definitely a story worth documenting. It's all downhill from here now that he knows how to take his diaper off. I'm sure it was fun to clean up too.
I love the picture below of him giving his teddy love. Looks more like they are suffocating each other. So cute :)

Juliana said...

Wow...you both are so good. Yuck!

Shawn said...

I was so excited to find you on Fay's blog. I'm so lucky that I haven't had the poop experience. I still have Cora who could give it to me. I like to tell myself that girls just won't do gross things like that. Congrats on the second one, it will be amazing.

D and Brittany Whipple said...

Monica! That is hilarious! It's great to see you here :) Ethan looks so sweet. I love that story, and glad I haven't had that...yet... :)

Steph said...

I am terrified Kaden would do something like that. so he is always in a onesie for bedtime. he cant undo those yet!

Hewards said...

O My GOSH! What do you say to that, definitely not ("that is so funny") the joys of motherhood. You have to know I still grinned a little reading the story. The only story close to that I've had to deal with is Parker pooping in the tub and me having to fish it out, clean him up and disinfect everything, but the crib that is nuts!